Water pressure help

Very confused on my water pressure had boat out 3 times, and the pressure has been off compared to the last time I ran the boat last year. Idle is good it’s around the 3-5, and at wot it’s at13-15, but when boat gets in plane it only gets to 10 and drops to around 5. When it use to get up to around 20 then come down to 15 when trimmed out any ideas? Motor is a mercury 200 efi

2. Member
    Also impeller has been changed, and disconnected the hose from the motor and gauge and blew it out.

3. Banned
    blowing out pressure somewhere. I'd replace the pump again, as well as replace seals on and below the pump base. Check poppet.

4. Member
    Borrow a known good gauge and hook it up with a splitter to your gauge and if it checks the same look at your water pump or plumbing.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Riccochet View Post
    blowing out pressure somewhere. I'd replace the pump again, as well as replace seals on and below the pump base. Check poppet.
    This,you may have a seal that dried out and cracked over the winter. Replacing the impeller won’t fix that.

6. Member
    Ok I will look into the seals and double check everything, have never had this problem before.

Body in North GA (Lake Lanier) - Heart in KS
    Is your motor to high? should not go below 15psi.
    2008 ChampioN 198 / 225 Opti ProXS! 1999 187 DC Elite / Merc 175 efi & 1989 184 DCR /Merc 175 xri

8. Member
    I have not adjusted anything in a long time and not since the boat was out last year and did not run like this