Time in the Saddle. 2018 ZX 250

Picked it up last year in May. 10 +hours last year.
    Started this year with 4 days on the water in a week on some pretty smooth water. What a treat.
    much more confident in boat handling, on pad quickly to back off on lower speeds after trimming up to get there as told by many on here. Really liking my boat now.

now to master the choppy high wave water.

I am wondering what could be better about any other boat for future purchase? Especially for the price.
    twin poles, twin consoles, ultrex and point one. What else is needed or better?

i am starting to love this boat. Certainly didn’t start out this way.

2. Member
    I was the same with my 2018 ZX250. Coming out of a 520 ranger. The moor I drove the skeeter the moor I fell in love with it. Took it in for its 1st service and took the ranger out for a few days and realized the skeeter road way better and fished better as well. My next boat will be a another skeeter but I will go to the FX next spring. Very pleased with my skeeter

3. Member
    I have 80 hours on my fx 21 now and I feel like every trip is a learning experience driving it. Loving it more and more everyday

4. Member
    Interesting to hear similar comments. And especially about upgrade to FX. My thoughts as well at the moment about a potential upgrade. If I stay focused on big waters FX would be my choice. But smaller waters have me thinking tin boat but larger profile with nose in the air makes me think ZX is the choice. I love its low profile on the water for less wind effect when fishing.
    Only thing I wish I had purchased is the hydraulic jack plate-but 55mph is my comfort zone for cruising.

5. Member
    I love the way my ZX250 eats up long runs. 70 MPH on a smooth lake will almost rock you to sleep. No fighting to keep it on pad or chine walking.....eat a sandwich, take in the scenery.
    After my ZX190 I thought I might miss having a smaller boat around docks but this one is even more stable and easy to maneuver.
    So far it has been a joy to fish and run.

Loading on shallow ramps can still be a challenge, it's a lot of boat to get on a trailer. Practice makes perfect though.
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha 250 SHO

Low profile?? What kind of boat did you come out of? My boat sits up as high as a couple of my buddies nitros do...never once thought about it being a low profile boat...always thought about the FX coming with all the bells and whistles. The ZX just doesn't have all that stuff...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Low profile?? What kind of boat did you come out of? My boat sits up as high as a couple of my buddies nitros do...never once thought about it being a low profile boat...always thought about the FX coming with all the bells and whistles. The ZX just doesn't have all that stuff...
    Low on the water while fishing not running. I packed my ZX with many extras as I said-twin poles, second console, chairs, ultrex, manual jack plate, hotfoot. So I think I got all that at much less than the FX pricing today. Only difference would be hydraulic jack plate, electronics and fancy buttons? “What else” is there on an FX that Anyone needs or enjoys? Looks like it is another $12,000 over what I paid last year and I am not seeing what else that $12,000 buys you today. That was my point.

Love my 250! It's a 2015 with almost 400hrs and bought new. Coming out of a 201 it was a bit different but now I can spin that baby around on a dime. Rig is so responsive in nasty waves here on Gville and Wheeler I never panic like i used to with my 201 Stratos. Love my rig! I hope to upgrade one day to the FX.
    Kerry Copeland
    2015 Skeeter ZX250/250 SHO
    Decatur, Alabama

9. Member
    Love my 2017 ZX250 also. Handles and rides great. I like that they have simple rocker switches as I don't trust touch pads anymore. There's nothing that the FX has that I want over my boat.

10. Member
    I have a 2016 ZX225 and love my boat...I can with confidence make a direct u turn at 60 /65 mph without letting off the gas(hot foot)...it is an incredible feeling!...I have never scared a passenger with this move as long as I have informed them in advance of my intentions. The Bug is awesome....I have loaded my ZX up with all of the goodies and feel that I have saved big dollars over the Fx.....