Crappie fishing...see bait/lure on Live Scope???

Crappie fishing this weekend...when spider rigging I can see my double minnow rigs and sinker as plain as day at the 10'-11' mark on the screen. However, I tried a to "spot and stalk" a few with a single long pole/jig and I can't seem find my jig on the screen for nothing. I'm using a 1/4oz head and a 3" bait...so not a small bait. Anyone else have this issue? Recommendations?
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

I do have this issue about 5’ in front of the scope. Over 10’ is fine and a couple feet out it’s fine. Something about that range.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

3. Banned
    Something strange about the LS system is it seems to be blind on one side of the transducer depending on the orientation. Mine is mounted starboard and I can't see if it gets to the left where the TM is pointed. A friend has one that is on port and it's just the opposite. I know two others that have the same issue so that may be part of your problem.

Having said that I use it all the time to stalk crappies in stumps 15 foot deep (right now). I simply find the fish, watch the jig drop and it either bites or not.

Maybe the built in angle to miss the trolling motor head causing it to point a little to the right or left?

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pfisher View Post
    Having said that I use it all the time to stalk crappies in stumps 15 foot deep (right now). I simply find the fish, watch the jig drop and it either bites or not.
    This is exactly what I'm doing too. I can see fish sitting on sunken brush piles in 8' - 15' of water. I pull up to the brush pile...staying about 10' back because I'm fishing with a 12' pole. I drop my jig...hoping to see it fall to the fish...however I don't see the jig.

Maybe it is the angle of the transducer. Also, I may not have it looking, perfectly, straight forward. The closer to the transducer you are the narrower the cone is. Not to mention it was windy as hell this weekend so boat control was tough.

I'll try it again next weekend.
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

6. Member
    I could see a 5” senko on a 3/0 hook falling down at around 20 feet. Alas, had to send unit back because of an artifact on the screen and all the rays it was putting out.