You have a sophisticated piece of electronics, so ...

... it would be a shame to ignore any of the amazing features, like... screenshot saving.

I hate to complain, but I wish folks would put the phones and cameras down, and use the screenshot function on your FFs to take, uh, screenshots. Use a 32 GB card, about $11 at Walmart, and it will have room for G3 map, Active Captain, screenshots, everything. Or buy 2 cards, they're small.

Just sayin'. Sure would help these old eyes! Carry on!

2. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Lol I forgot my memory card at home in the lap top ,I think it’s old age setting in!

3. Member
    Wait, you can save screenshots with the map cards in place?

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoatNoobie View Post
    Wait, you can save screenshots with the map cards in place?
    Yes, when you setup the card in the unit it creates a folder just for the screenshots......it will place all pics in there.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Member
    There are not many things to dislike about the Garmin but this is one of them compared to a Lowrance. You don’t need a memory card in the Lowrance to take screen shots. They are saved in memory and you can move them to a card when you want to.

There maybe some of the Garmin models that will do the same but my two models will not.

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    So the your 86XX dont save on unit???? I actually like it saving to the card.....one extra step i dont have to take to copy to card....now i wish i could view screenshots on the EC+ unit....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    I agree. When I had Lowrance I'd forget to copy the screenshots to a card and when I got home would have to boot back up, copy, then delete. Now, just pull the card out. Much better IMO.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

8. Member
    Heck I’m always different.
    I see you guys point but more than once I have forgotten to reinstall the car after downloading the data only to get on the lake the next trip and could not take a screen shot.
    Both of my units have two slots so not as big a issue but with only one slot and having the map on the same card things get worse if you lose it or forget to put it back in the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter 1 View Post
    Heck I’m always different.
    I see you guys point but more than once I have forgotten to reinstall the car after downloading the data only to get on the lake the next trip and could not take a screen shot.
    Both of my units have two slots so not as big a issue but with only one slot and having the map on the same card things get worse if you lose it or forget to put it back in the unit.

Not always different. I have had HB, Garmin & Lowrance.
    I prefer Lowrance for snapshots.

USS Intrepid CVS-11 Helicopter Anti Submarine Warfare Squadron-3 1960-1964

When I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations I have a good day

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    Yes, when you setup the card in the unit it creates a folder just for the screenshots......it will place all pics in there.
    That's cool. I thought you were out of luck since there's only 1 SD slot.