Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Me and the Wife(girlfriend at time) seen them in Concert in Chattanooga with Guns and Roses! Great Concert!! Movie was good as well!!
    JAM'D Outdoors-sponsored by PAPPAWDAD and MIMI!!

2. Member
    That is the music of my youth. I graduated in 85 and still listen to it to this day will have to check out the show.

3. Member
    Music in my time. Was a great show about the band and a small look into their lives.
    How they survived is a miracle in itself. Dr. Feelgood almost took them all down.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    I'll have to check it out myself.....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. Banned
    We’ll watch tonight. I do wish I seen them back when they we good. Seen one of the last Nikki - Tommy shows and lets just say they weren’t great.

Sixx AM pretty good also

6. Banned
    Knew them from their 1st two albums when l saw them open for Ozzy in the 80s. Fairly simple music with a rocknroll lifestyle schtick. Vince did his best David Lee Roth imitation.

7. Member
    I graduated in 85 and while not my favorite metal/hair band they were cranking at a lot of parties I went to in my area. Liked live wire and Shout at the devil but they lost me when they started wearing pink leathers and the whole Home sweet Home sound. I will watch it. They came out of a very interesting time for bands like them.
    Red Sox in 6!

My wife and I watched it. It was entertaining. I wonder if they are going to do any live shows with this renewed interest?
    Vince Meal is looking a bit bloated these days and can barely sing.

Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    It was pretty good, brought back some memories that's for sure. All kinds of innacuracies, mostly timeline stuff though nothing major. Plus they flat out left out a few people - Pamela Anderson most notably. Wonder if she threatened to sue or something - otherwise can't figure out why there was completely no mention of her.

Still a good flick if you're a fan...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Perry View Post
    Nikki Sixx worked with them to make it so you think he addressed the timeline issues.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    It’s still a movie after all have to fit it all into a movie .. think you could have stretched it into a 2 part but I thionk a series would have been to long
    Yeah just a bunch of minor stuff... VN's inital meeting is all wrong, and why covering a Billy Squire song that wasn't even released at the time. The "hippie" they booted from the band early on was the lead singer, not a guitarist. TLJ didn't meet Heather at the party of the night Razzle was killed, stuff like that. The also condensed the last few years towards the end of the movie... Mars hip replacement surgery way to early, stuff like that. Nothing that's critically wrong, just "scheduling enhancements" to make a cleaner movie timeline I suppose.

I worked for a catering company my first job out of college and we did music venues and did about 8 Motley Crud shows one winter. They’re the original lip-sync masters.

Tommy lee is white trash piece of crap
    Nikki Sixx is the wierdest person I met
    Vince Neal was pretty cool, actually took time to thank us and shake hands each show.
    I did talk to Heather Locklear on the phone once in the dressing room in Columbia SC. She was looking for Neal and was pissed off told me to leave him a note saying so.
    You can lead a horticulture,
    but you can't make her think.

Quote Originally Posted by catjuggin View Post
    I worked for a catering company my first job out of college and we did music venues and did about 8 Motley Crud shows one winter. They’re the original lip-sync masters.

Tommy lee is white trash piece of crap
    Nikki Sixx is the wierdest person I met
    Vince Neal was pretty cool, actually took time to thank us and shake hands each show.
    I did talk to Heather Locklear on the phone once in the dressing room in Columbia SC. She was looking for Neal and was pissed off told me to leave him a note saying so.

Were you expecting them to Rhodes Scholars and Sunday school teachers?..

12. Member
    Bad to the bone show back in the day when tommy plays spinning above stage

13. RIP Evinrude 1907-2020 JR19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Fisherman View Post
    I thought someone like their apartment manager called them a "a motley looking crew" and the name stuck.
    If my memory is correct they told on VH1 behind the music how the band got its name. Nikki Sixx and Tommy were trying to get a band started. Nikki took out an add in a music magazine that said "lewd,rude and crude bassist looking for a lead guitarist to rule the world" Nikki is the founding member of Motley Crue. Before they even had a lead singer they were trying to come up with a name. Originally Nikki came up with the name Christmas. The reasoning for that name was the bands music was going to be so far away from what Christmas means it would be funny to name the band after something innocent and pure. How the name Motley Crue came about was when they were in a car at a stoplight and convertible car pulls alongside them and stops. It was an elderly man and woman. They overheard the woman tell her husband "that's a motley looking crew". They liked the comment and decided to change their name to Motley Crew but also decided to change the spelling. At the time they were drinking a lot of Lowenbrau beer. The O and A in lowenbrau has two .. over the letters. They decided to change the spelling of crew to crue and add .. over the O in Motley and the U in crue.
    Last edited by JR19; 03-24-2019 at 06:42 PM.

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
    Yeah just a bunch of minor stuff... VN's inital meeting is all wrong, and why covering a Billy Squire song that wasn't even released at the time. The "hippie" they booted from the band early on was the lead singer, not a guitarist. TLJ didn't meet Heather at the party of the night Razzle was killed, stuff like that. The also condensed the last few years towards the end of the movie... Mars hip replacement surgery way to early, stuff like that. Nothing that's critically wrong, just "scheduling enhancements" to make a cleaner movie timeline I suppose.
    Also his car accident was in a Ford Pantera not corvette
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

Good movie just finished watching it. Wish I would’ve seen them back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos xl NC View Post
    Also his car accident was in a Ford Pantera not corvette
    Ahh yes I forgot that - such a simple detail not sure why they changed that.

17. Banned
    This was the worst B movie Ive ever seen.

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    This was the worst B movie Ive ever seen.
    -
    Its a Netflix original, not a Steven Spielberg/Tom Hanks kinda thing. Gotta enjoy it for what it is.

19. Member
    I watched it and had to go find the their first album To fast for love.. played it all the way thru while working on the boat Sunday,, what a great album..
    2018 Crestliner PT20
    2018 Evinrude G2 200 H.O.
    Duel 8' PP blades
    Atlas hydraulic jackplate

Could you imagine if Vince Neil's vehicular manslaughter occurred today? 20 days served?

This was entertaining to me due to being such a big fan of the group but overall it was pretty lousy. Like many of these biopics, 2 hours is just not long enough to cover a band's entire career. Hell, they could have turned this into a 6 episode miniseries where they really dig into the breakup and recombination of the band, Vince losing his daughter, Vince's car accident, ect. ect. Everything was just crammed together. I still enjoyed it since I grew up listening to their music and knew a lot of their story due to a fanatical sister but if you are not a fan, steer clear.

I too have listened to a lot of Too Fast for Love since watching the movie.
    2016 Tuffy X-190
    Yamaha F175, Mercury 9.9
    Motorguide 80 lb Xi5
    Garmim/Humminbird graphs and Talon

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast