200 Evinrude Ficht

Hopefully someone can give me some insight on what might be going on. When I first got to the lake the motor ran perfect. Not one issue with it. After a long run up the lake I stopped and fished and when I tried to idle it kept dying on me. If I give it gas it runs fine but if it’s idling it shuts off. And it’s not like a slow shut off. It’s like I turned the key off. Any suggestions on it?

2. Member
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=3454 start here

also need more info posted? gas old? any warning lights or buzzers?
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

3. Member
    It is a 2001 and I will add the serial number when I get a chance to look at it. I keep my gas tank above half. However, I was at 1/4 of a tank when this started. It did this about a month ago but I changed the spark plugs and it seemed to have fixed it for two short fishing trips. I have read that it may be a coil but not very familiar with that. No buzzers or lights going off. It’s starts quick and seems as if the batteries are fine. Once it shuts off it starts right back up. If I give it gas it runs fine but it’s when it’s at idle when it is shutting off. It’s just not a consistent problem.

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Has the exhaust pressure sensor been cleaned/changed?

5. Member
    No it has not. I’ll look at that and see if it’s dirty. I know I read that when that sensor goes out it sputters but that’s not a symptom I’m having

6. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    They will not idle for crap..... I replaced mine and cleaned the old one for the next swap...also insure the line(s) going to the emm are clear.

7. Member
    Hi, do you slve your problem? Im having the same problem, we replace the exhaust pressure sensor and clean the hose to the emm but the problem continue. What else to look?
    thanks

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunar View Post
    Hi, do you slve your problem? Im having the same problem, we replace the exhaust pressure sensor and clean the hose to the emm but the problem continue. What else to look?
    thanks
    Not yet because finding a mechanic to work on a FICHT is nearly impossible. But I did manage to get a dealer to hook to the EMM and check it out. Mine had zero faults and he suggested that I change the two relays on top. I am going to stop and pick them up today at an auto parts store. But he also said that the fuse boxes on the side can cause this problem. However, they no longer make them according to him so I guess that will be my last resort.

9. Member
    Ok, thanks for the info, mine has no codes also. But i will check those relays today. I will back to you if its work.
    Thank you

10. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    The places that rebuilds the Emm can refurbish the PDP....

11. Member
    Hi, yesterday got mine running back again. Replace the relays but not idle, i have a spare fiuel pump and now is back to normal.
    thank you guys for all the inputs.
    thanks you! ��