Threw the boat into the Merrimack today

Spend a couple hours removing what was left of the Johnson outboard off the old(er!) boat, so I could pull the jackplate. Changed the prop and hub on the Yamaha, and got it started in the driveway for the first time. Made sure the minimum safety stuff was aboard and headed for the Tech in Concord, not so good zzzzzzzzzztest.png.

Headed up the the ramp by Hooksett Hydro. Not as much water in the river as usual, this time of year - ramp was quite usable (plenty of parking too). Had a pretty shakey Shakedown Cruise... wiring's a mess (sonar kept shutting off), had an intermittent overheat warning - even though the telltale was running good (sensor maybe), dash trim gauge worked for maybe 5 minutes. Hey... the motor started good and ran, TM worked well, didn't bang up the fresh prop, and wasn't taking on water - not a bad start:) Cold out there zzpresidential turnover rate.jpg. Made a couple cursory casts with a jerkbait, so I could say I did and trailered.
    Attached Images Attached Images

1990 Ranger 362V Yamaha Pro-V 150
    Old Town Predator MinnKota

Glad you got out there, it won't be long now.
    I hope your issues aren't to bad.
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

3. Member
    I drive past the Merrimack at the rt 4 and 93 south merge on the way home to CT when I leave Wolfeboro and wondered if it was good fishing? Where do you put the boat in the water?

4. Member
    It can be good. There's a launch in Concord near the Vo-tech college, and another in the arena parking lot (haven't used that one in years). There's a decent one just south of the Bow Power dam and Station . The one I used was below Hooksett hydro. The last one I've used is just over the MA border. We used to run north from there to fish club tournaments in NH.