Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I hate that long narrow ramp and the parking lot flat out sucks!! Can't believe the officer wasn't interested in handling the issue.

2. Member
    Had a boat buckle broken last year on my trailer while parked at Crystal Springs, Lake Ouachita ramp. Did whoever hit my trailer know or care

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    I hate that long narrow ramp and the parking lot flat out sucks!! Can't believe the officer wasn't interested in handling the issue.
    When that ramp and lot were built a 17.5' boat pulled by a RCSB pickup was the norm. Nowadays it's 21' pulled by a 3/4 ton or bigger quad cab. Not a lot of room to maneuver that combo for sure. Surprised it doesn't happen more often.

4. Member
    The ramp at Dandridge is a overcrowded mess on weekends. I agree with jbh3, surprised it doesn't happen more often. There were reports from local officials of widening the ramp as the bridge work gets completed. The new dock area is great, especially for non-boaters , but the parking is a nightmare sometimes. The spaces on the hill help some but the guys blocking the roadway in order to avoid a little walk need to use it! I personally try to use other launch sites and there are some around.

all in all Dandridge is pretty much in middle of the lake and gets used a lot. Try the ramp at the dam. Large area to park if you consider parking in the grass, it's a short distance to walk. Probably safer too as the folks that run the campground watch the place.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbh3 View Post
    When that ramp and lot were built a 17.5' boat pulled by a RCSB pickup was the norm. Nowadays it's 21' pulled by a 3/4 ton or bigger quad cab. Not a lot of room to maneuver that combo for sure. Surprised it doesn't happen more often.
    Lots of truth in that. Back then that contrary old woman that owned the trailer camp across the road would let you launch there too. Douglas has changed a lot in my lifetime. I can remember Cowboy welcoming tournaments at his place with breakfast cooked up and ready to go. Today the ramps available to tournaments and bassfishermen in general are the Dam, Dandridge and a few other public ramps. The private docks don't throw out a welcome mat.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Whopperstopper View Post

all in all Dandridge is pretty much in middle of the lake and gets used a lot. Try the ramp at the dam. Large area to park if you consider parking in the grass, it's a short distance to walk. Probably safer too as the folks that run the campground watch the place.
    Last Spring at a tournament someone clipped my fender and busted the fiberglass knocking out the light at the Dam. LOL!

7. Member
    I would call the DNR office, tell them what happened and that the officer didn't care. You pay his wages and he needs to do his job.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12