Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

210 198 live wells

For those of you that have them, how do you like the size with putting bigger fish in them?

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bowman30 View Post
    For those of you that have them, how do you like the size with putting bigger fish in them?
    Surely you know only those with Rangers catch big fish... Just ask them...LOL

3. Banned
    You can always pull the divider... I've had a 8.7lb and a 7.4lb in the livewell once at the same time, with divider in... Thank you Sam Rayburn... Went in pissed off and came out pissed off... Dan

4. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan21XRS View Post
    You can always pull the divider...
    Charger did away with the divided livewell and went individual I had one over 10 in 2013 that was 28" long. She would have been bowed pretty good if I hadn't had the divided well.

5. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    When I looked at the 797 livewell I said dang those are too big ,but I guess some guys catch bigger fish than 12 inches

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TOUCH OF CLASS View Post
    When I looked at the 797 livewell I said dang those are too big ,but I guess some guys catch bigger fish than 12 inches
    Lol, I agree. But I had to ask!

7. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    ...but I guess some guys catch bigger fish than 12 inches
    Here she is ...

IMAG0188b.jpg

8. Member
    The individual wells are the only thing I don't like about what charger did. I fish for more than bass and really loved the large single divided well. Fist off, a single well is better for the fish being kept alive in it. The double wells serve the tournament bass guy's speed interest alone. Other than that I don't get the point of individual wells. Secondly, the single large well let's me keep large bycatch such as redfish or catfish alive in it while bass fishing. Thirdly, I often drop the divider and drop 40# of ice in them and use them as a fish box when going after white bass, gou, Flatheads, speckled trout and redfish. The champion wells will hold 50 specs and 10 redfish easy. Beats the hell out of toting a 70-100 quart cooler in the boat.

I hope charger does away with the double wells. Seems like it would be cheaper to produce a large divided well anyway.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

9. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Can Somebody measure the champion 210 live well?

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.coon View Post
    The individual wells are the only thing I don't like about what charger did. I fish for more than bass and really loved the large single divided well. Fist off, a single well is better for the fish being kept alive in it. The double wells serve the tournament bass guy's speed interest alone. Other than that I don't get the point of individual wells. Secondly, the single large well let's me keep large bycatch such as redfish or catfish alive in it while bass fishing. Thirdly, I often drop the divider and drop 40# of ice in them and use them as a fish box when going after white bass, gou, Flatheads, speckled trout and redfish. The champion wells will hold 50 specs and 10 redfish easy. Beats the hell out of toting a 70-100 quart cooler in the boat.

I hope charger does away with the double wells. Seems like it would be cheaper to produce a large divided well anyway.
    TOTALLY agree with you. Only thing I don't like about new Elites. MUST have removable divider in livewells for Catfish when I take Granddaughters jug fishing. I promise you, when I buy one of these, there WILL be a removable divider in livewells before it leaves factory, or I will be looking elsewhere. Just the facts.

11. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Can Somebody measure the champion 210 live well?
    I've got mine here at the house and will get some measurements for you

12. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    port is L 261/2 w 131/2 D 12
    star is L 291/2 w 131/2 D 12

charger 210
    L 151/4 W 151/2 D 191/2

L 24 W 14 D 12

15”x25”. By 13” high
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 03-26-2019 at 07:33 PM.

13. Member

210/198

Just did a little playing on auto cad. by those dimensions the 198/210 livewells equate to 79.8 quarts or 19.95 gallons per side. a 21.27" fish could potentially diagonally fit while being level with the bottom before having to bend their body. the longest distance in the well would be 32.9", from one top corner diagonally across to the opposite bottom corner. so any fish over 21" would have to put its nose in the bottom corner and let its tail float up towards the deck to not have to bend its body and stay completely submerged. a 32" fish could potentially keep itself straight and submerged completely by the dimensions given.

was the depth measurement taken up to the overflow drain or about an inch below the spray head? other wise it wouldn't count and would be shorter.

in case you can't tell, the idea of individual wells instead of a large single tortures me. i have kept fish in aquariums for over 16 years. 5 fish in a 10 gallon tank is a death trap compared to a 20, and a 50 is heaven compared to a 20. it is common knowledge that fish excrete toxins through their skin and urine even when calm much less when getting toted around in a boat. these toxins stress and kill the fish. the more water you have to dilute that, the better off the fish are in the long run, and i would ague, that delayed mortality is decreased. also the amount of available oxygen in the water also goes way up with volume. more water equals more oxygen. oxygen enters into water at the surface when surface tension is broken. with fish tanks we use bubbles to break the surface tension. the more bubbles you have popping at the surface, the more oxygen you have in the water for the fish. boat livewells use spray heads to break surface tension to allow oxygen to enter. basscat uses lots of little jet streams, champs and lots of others use a venturi spray head to splash the water surface and also introduce bubbles down into the well that will come up and pop, allowing oxygen to enter the water. also, breaking surface tension takes the ammonia, the most dangerous toxin to the fish, out of the water a la bubbles popping or spray bashing the water's surface. colder water also holds more oxygen. that's why guys use ice to cool the water, but you can kill the fish if you don't know what you are doing there as well which is anther subject all together.

I am way more comfortable with having an 8 pounder, and four 1-4 pound fish all sharing 40 gallons of water than the 8 sitting in 20 by itself. it is just not enough water. imagine an 8 or 10 pound bass sitting in a 20 gallon store aquarium? think that thing will live long if something is not quite right? what if the power went out? she would be belly up in an hour or less. put her in a 55 gallon tank and she would live for several hours while power is restored. put that in a tournament situation. that 8 or 10 would be dead in the summer in 40 minutes if the pump went out on the side she was on an you didn't notice. with a big single, she would be fine by time you noticed.
    '98 187 Elite, 175 EFI (Serial 0G750796)

14. Member
    Mr. TOC has stated many times on here that Charger is the type of boat company that will make the small changes to build the boat however the customer wants it. I MUST have a REMOVABLE divider in the 210 or 198 [haven't decided yet which I'm going to buy] before I buy. Besides bass and crappie, I need the added width for stripers and catfish. I fully understand Kelly's thinking behind being able to use just 1 livewell if wanted for weight reasons. But I MUST have a much wider livewell option for reasons stated. This is a dealbreaker for me. I'm really hoping Charger and Mr. Robert M. can build this into the boat.

15. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I talked to him today can’t be done is all he said .You can call Thursday and talk to Mr Hughes more about it.

16. Member
    Show the money! Talk to Kelly Powers!

17. Member
    I talked to him today can’t be done is all he said .You can call Thursday and talk to Mr Hughes more about it.
    Will do. Really have my heart set on one of these boats after looking and comparing everything else out there. In my mind, everything, and I mean everything, about these boats is PERFECT, except the small livewells. Will talk to the Big Boss and see what we can do. But, if there was any way Robert could do some alteration to add a removable divider, it would be the 100% perfect boat for me and it sounds like for some others as well. Thanks TOC.

18. Banned
    What other brands are currently using a single divided livewell?

19. Member
    Ranger is all I know but I'm sure theres one or 2 more. I have zero problem with separate wells. Just make them large enough for big fish. Around here you need 5 fish around that 20"+ range to win a tournament and one 25" or better could happen. Dont want to cram one of those in a livewell all day where they cant move.

20. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    I don’t know why they didn’t use the 797 live wells at 30 inches long would be perfect for the southern guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast