Phoenix Question

I removed the factory installed transducer and graph off the dash and when we took the transom mounted transducer off (that they screwed to the transom 😡) water ran out the holes for a while
    it sure why they didn’t at least silicone the screws in but anyway I have a fan drying it out
    i know it says composite but worried about it being that wet....

2. Member
    I think what your asking is if both holes that you took screws out of pissed water out of the holes for 5 mins or so is, could there be a issue with the composit transom being water logged or damaged? Has anyone had this experience with a Phoenix in the past? Hopefully someone will have experience with this issue.
    Lee Setser
    2022 Blazer 625
    2022 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS 12 Lives
    Lowrance Active Target

3. Member
    I had a tie down that did the same thing. Took it out and put a heat lamp on it for a little over 2 weeks and put a vacuum to it every day after work for a few minutes. It dried out and I sealed it up really good and put it all back together. I imagine you can do the same but you can always let Tim know and he will advise you on what to do

4. Member
    Did you take the screws out again later to see if there was water coming out? Indicating that the leak is elsewhere.
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

5. Member
    Lumber31 how old is your boat, how many years has it been in the water?
    "Everyone should believe in something; I believe I'll go fishing."

-Henry David Thoreau

Men and fish are alike. They both get into trouble when they open their mouths

author unknown

2015 Phoenix 919 225 Yamaha SHO

6. Member
    If you want to see how far down it got take the plug out too. You can reseal it when you do the bolt holes and it will let any water that's down there out. But if theres that much the factory should get a call