3.0 liter sportmaster lower question

I have a 2007 250 pro xs with a sportmaster lower s/ n 18519468 . My question is , I asked my local dealer how much fluid a sport master lower should take to be full but not overfilled . They said fill it to the vent hole , is this correct ? I know the case can be overfilled and cause pressure issues . Do different year models have different capacity and if they did how would I know ?

after filling, take it out and run it till oil is warm, put it back on the trailer, crack the vent screw and let any pressure and oil drain. Reseal and you're ready till the next change
    "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Correct answer is in the link above. Actual volume will vary from one to another, so you should NOT fill to "x number of ounces".

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor