Rust in brake fluid

How do I track down the source of water? I don’t see any fluid leaks from under the trailer but my fluid is rusty. Fluid isn’t more than a year or two old as I had a line leaks and replaced it all with the new line.

2. Banned
    Pretty normal. Most likely condensation. Check the fluid in your vehicle, probably the same.

3. Member
    Thank you, Sir!

4. Member
    Dot 3 is water absorbing, that's where.
    Reason for flushing brake systems as a PM.
    Mike

2019 Ranger 520L w/ 250HO ETEC G2
    2011 Tracker 175TXW w/ 75HO ETEC

5. Member
    Had a motorcycle and the manufacturer did a recall on the brake system. They changed the brake fluid to DOT 5. They said the reason was to solve a condensation problem which caused rust to effect the pistons/calipers. Harley Davidson 1974-75.

Rust in the brake fluid is normal from condensation in the calipers. Flush the brake system every few years to keep it clean.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

7. Member
    i had to take a drill bit and clean my bleeders out because of rust,i was going to replace all my system but was told just flush it all out and every couple years,not to happy with it but was told the same thing would happen with a new system

8. Member
    Some actuators have no top on the master cylinder, they depend on the screws securing it to hold the cylinder to the underside of the tongue. That and the screw lid which is fairly poor design I M H O. You gotta stay on top of these things.

Occasional flushing couldn't be a bad thing and I doubt any liquid gets in around a caliper but that's my opinion.

9. Member
    Flush fluid min every 3 yrs. Keeps moisture out of system and prevents rusted on inside brake lines and sticking calipers. Same on vehicles also. I flush boat trailer every two years myself. Not worth issues and more time needed for repairs. YouTube has some videos on how to do it. Or get a mity vac version from harbor freight and do it. Keep fluid in reservoir and not hard at all.