Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    Ya great little truck I bet, my f150 2.7 eb was over 15 grand less and double the size of truck with with 11.5L per 100km so roughly 1000 km a tank. A 2019 canyon diesel sle is over $50,000 cnd plus tax my f150 xtr was $36,000 cnd that's a $14,000 difference and the canyon is compact not full size. No thanks about $20,000 over priced not worth it in my opinion. But that's me...
    You cant compare what you get for out the door pricing because it all changes depending on area, I can go on fords website right now and click 4 door XLT with 2.7L and I am already at an estimated 41K with out even getting into interior/exterior options. There is a guy literally three post of above you that got a fully loaded Colorado Diesel for 31K..

2. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Why does someone praising THEIR truck have to turn into to people bashing it and comparing it to what they have?! Makes NO sense to me. He loves his truck, good!

I got my Supercrew V8 Lariat F150 for 24k....in 2004! It’s a great truck and still is today. At 200k and still looking perfect inside (not sure how) I just cannot justify getting rid of it. The more Colorado’s I see the more I really want to get one. It’s basically the only truck I would consider getting rid of mine for. Better gas mileage, new, smaller...it seems like a great vehicle.

I cant decide yet so I will wait and see what happens. But to everyone who is enjoying their mid sized truck, Good!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

3. Banned
    I'm not basing it... I think it's a great little truck and awesome that it's available in a diesel. I'm not brand loyal at all, because of my work I lease a new truck every few years and I have priced them all out. I go for what the best value is, not trying to start anything just expressing my opinion.

Cheers to a new truck

4. Member
    Any decent truck nowadays is expensive. You can however find deals. We had a 2018 crew cab Lariat DIESEL with less than 20K miles for $42K.
    However I will stick to my 07 crew cab lariat with a 3 valve that I paid $2,500 for 3 years ago. New truck payments are outrageous.
    2002 Tr-19 200 ox66

Quote Originally Posted by croix-man View Post
    I brought home a new leftover 2018 Colorado duramax yesterday. It listed for $43,9xx.xx I got it for $31,8xx.xx. It's pretty much loaded.
    Been wanting one of these diesels but no one around here will deal on their prices.. $31K is a great deal.. Keep us posted on how she performs..
    Last edited by CigarBasser; 04-03-2019 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Spelling
    2001 Ranger 518DVX Comanche / Mercury 200 Opti (OT306368)

6. Member
    i took a Canyon out for a test drive. Road nice, but not as nice as a full size in my opinion. Also there was no way I could get close to $31K for the diesel and I live in Houston where most dealers have 200 to 300 trucks on their lots ( 25 to 50 Canyons/Colorados . I went with a F150 4x4 with the coyote engine. Runs like a scalded ass monkey down the road. I get 19 MPG / !6 MPG pulling my boat. For me I like the bigger interior that's in a full size. The Silverado has a smaller interior in their full size line so if I was a die hard chevy fan then the Canyon's smaller interior would not be an issue. I also drove a Ranger and felt the same. The Ford dealerships were selling them for MSRP or just a little off which was a non starter for me.

My other issue with the diesel is the service availability. Sure the dealership can service one, but the cost here in the Houston area is $125 to $135 per hour. So I don't take my gasser to the dealership except for maybe an oil change/tire rotation. You go to a dealership for an oil change and they try to sell you $$$$ of additional service.
    Last edited by Tromanoski; 04-02-2019 at 10:29 PM.

7. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    I have no doubts about the Canyon/Colorado’s ability, even with the gas model. I’ve watched the YouTube videos and they’re little pulling machines! My F150 is 15 years old so I’m sure a new Colorado would probably do a better job pulling my boat and I’m damned sure I’d get better gas mileage!

My issue is with the interior space. While I don’t use it all, I’ve had my Supercrew for 15 years and I’m used to the interior. It’s plenty large, and when I test drive a mid size I feel cramped. It’s a ridiculous statement because they’re as big as 80 models 1/2 tons but the lack of interior space is what is holding me back.

Bottom line, they will have these mid size trucks dialed in in a year or two and then I’ll make my decision.
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

8. Member
    I test drove all the mid-sized available in late 2016 (2017 models) Casslaw. The new Ridgeline will pull your boat without batting an eye. It has more room up front that any other mid sized. I can’t speak for the new Ranger. I can speak to the Colorado/Canyon. The AWD Ridgeline will pull 5K pounds. I used the hell out of mine trying to justify going back to a little truck. I averaged 5 MPG better than my Tundra. I think you’ll find all the mid sized gas trucks are about the same in MPG. The market is too tight for them not to be. I should have waited a year instead of buying that loaded RL when they had moved plants etc...I lived through Honda’s growing pains. Mine didn’t give me any major issues, but I did have several nit noid issues.

The ONLY reason I went back to a F/S truck was missing the room you speak of, especially if you have people who ride in the back seat! If we would have owned something else F/S maybe I could have done it? My wife drives a little Land Rover Discovery Sport. I’ve had my truck to New Orleans, Palm Bay Florida, Montgomery Al, Columbus MS, W.V. ....another words I travel a bunch in my truck. All that travel in the truck and I bought it in August or Sept.

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyeggroll View Post
    Would love to have >$40k to spend on a compact truck.
    they cost more than 40 my friend. More like high 40’s

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtracc View Post
    I have about 10 buddies that have 2.7 or 3.5 f150 eb ranging from brand new to over 150,000 kms and have zero issues. So sure soon as some one I know personally including myself has an issue I let you know. Not my cousins sisters brothers neighbors aunts husbands boss’s f150 eb.
    Same story here, both of brothers, one of sisters, and me drive an f150. All eco-boost, ranging from 40000m-189000n with no issues at all. I think the worst thing that’s caused a problem was the navigation in my dads, the system is pretty slow and always freezes.
    2002 Skeeter ZX225 w/ 2004 Mercury Optimax 225

I bought a 2018 Colorado D-max in Dec '17. 24K miles on it now. Towed my 18' Lowe v-hull with ease as it does my 18' Skeeter MX now. Extremely happy with it.

Mileage roughly 16-17 towing, highway 28-31 if running below 80 mph. Great truck going from my '03 GMC Sierra (which got 9-10 towing, 15-17 highway on a good day).

Purchase price 38K with the Z71 4WD package. Didn't need the 4WD but it was the only CC long bed they had. The 4WD comes in handy on those steep, slick ramps in the fall and early spring.

The Sierra is supposed to have a 3.0 or 3.2 diesel sometime soon.
    2018 Skeeter MX1825 w/175 Yamaha 4-Stroke
    80# MK Ultrex w/ I-Pilot
    HB Helix 10 SI Mega, HB Helix 9 SI, Helix 9, Garmin 106SV
    USAF Ret

Really liking my 2018
    Bed KLX.PNG

13. Banned
    We have a 17 Colorado D-max. Works just fine and gets decent mileage. I've pulled a 6K travel trailer with it (5 miles from storage). Pulled it fine power wise, not so well suspension wise. Would I buy one again? No.

14. Member
    to small

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12