Question Trailer Maintenance

I know this has come up a few times over the last year, but I'm not sure there has been any solid answers? I am looking for a place in the OKC Metro to take my trailer for maintenance. If not in the metro, the closest possible. I'm really surprised with all the fishermen/ boat owners that there aren't more shops available. It's like trying to find a good Yamaha mech.

2. Member
    What kinda maintenance are you interested in? Most of iit you can do yourself. if you need welding done, you can take it to any welding shop and get it fixed. Trailers are very simple things.
    Need a new bow step pad for your boat? Do what I did!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=712307

Are your boat seats trashed? Fix them yourself and save $1000!
    http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=754944

3. Member
    I just had some work done at The Trailer Pros in Moore. Replaced both springs, repaired some wiring and new tires. He was a bit high on the tires compared to online but was reasonable on the springs and labor. I broke a spring coming down from IL which in turn caused my fender to mangle the passenger side tire. I wasn’t thrilled about taking it somewhere but I had jack for tools here. I would use him again.
    1995 Xpress Pro 56
    Suzuki DT150

4. Member
    Thanks Lorne...

I’m happy to hear the favorable report on Trailer Pros. I have wondered about him ever since Norshel went out of business. I even went by there one time and they were closed in the middle of the day. I didn’t think too much of that...probably a one or two man operation. People do have to go to lunch and pick up parts.

I had a broken spring last fall. Since I really couldn’t tow it anywhere and it was already in my garage, I didn’t have much choice but to do it myself. BPS referred me to the trailer manufacturer and dealer just east of them on Reno. He turned out to be a good guy. He doesn’t do outside service but he did have a pretty good little trailer parts store there. He fixed me up with the new springs and all the various nut & bolts to do the job. He told me he did know a good trailer repair shop but I failed to collect the info.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Member
    I may have to give them a shot, thanks!

7. Member
    I need brake repair to my trailer. Who does that guys? I need it quick too if one of y’all wanna make some money :). If not tell me who to call. Thx

8. Official Lip Ripper' haftafish22's Avatar
    Let’s look at it tomorrow after the tourney Bitman

9. Member
    Won’t be there. Sold my boat. Hunting another but gotta get this fixed quick so the guy can take her home. It’s been kind of a crazy deal. I wasn’t trying to sell it but he really was trying to buy it so I let him ��

What’s wrong with your brakes?
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

11. Member
    Hydraulic line cut and caliper just flopping around guess it happened when I popped a tire off the rim against the curb in my narrow butt driveway ��

12. Member
    Suppost to be a real good place in Skiatook I know long way for you but just saying.

Try Trailer Pros,
    405/692-7242
    2542 N. Moore Ave
    Moore

I've never used them but heard a couple of good reports.

You might also try Jerry’s Automotive here in Edmond; 341-7551. Not sure if he’ll work on a trailer or not but he does work a lot different things.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

14. Member
    Thx bud. I’ll call them both. I’d rather not tow it far in the shape it’s in. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by Bitman View Post
    Hydraulic line cut and caliper just flopping around guess it happened when I popped a tire off the rim against the curb in my narrow butt driveway ��
    When you say the caliper is "flopping", do you mean that it has been torn from the backing plate? If that's the case, and the line is cut anyway, just un-hook the caliper and cripple it on into the shop.

I'm no mechanic but I do work on my own bearings and brakes. I'm happy to take a look at it and see if I can help you get it in a condition to tow it to a shop.

I guess the only other alternative would be call for a flat bed tow truck.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

16. Member
    One of the bolts that holds it in place came out so I’m guessing that was the start of all of this fun.

17. Member
    It seems as if trailer pros has been the one place guys in the area have confidence in around OKC. As tournament season is getting ready to get into full swing, I need to get my brakes worked on and a good "once over." Any other suggestions come up recently that guys have come across?