Brand new trim mercury 175

Mechanic replaced trim with brand new one. Now my motor drops down a couple inches in a couple of hours. No signs of any leaks. What could it be. Maybe air in the lines. Any thoughts.

2. Member
    If not bleed, yes air in lines. Check fluild level

3. Member
    Take it back and tell them to make it right. You paid to have it replaced which includes properly bleeding the system. It should not have been delivered with air still in the lines.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

4. Member
    This mechanic has been nightmare. Told me yesterday that he was backed up a month so he would re order it. I’m so sick of his lies.i said my boat is priority over everything. I’m just want to be done with him. I literally would have to be there to make sure he is working on my boat and not doing other things.

5. Member
    Sorry to hear that. Sincerely hope you find a better one for future needs.
    _______

Phil
    '09 Hewescraft ProV
    '09 150 Optimax

6. Member
    I did find a new one. Can’t wait to use him. But the other will finish what he started.

7. Member
    why not just bleed it yourself and be done in 10 minutes

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to include the REQUIRED info when posting. Thanks!

If this was a NEW OEM (Mercury) Trim System, installed by a Mercury Dealer, you can go to any Authorized Mercury Dealer, with a copy of the Purchase Receipt. New OEM Parts have a one-year Parts and Labor Warranty against defects in materials or workmanship.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor