Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What mounts are you guys using?

I’m sure there’s a ton of us that jumped on the echomaps plus 93sv sale so I’m curious what mounts you’re using?

I got good advice on a Ram-109H for my console but need help on choosing one for the bow.

Heres the Ram-109H
    31pw3-6vgsL.jpg

And I’m thinking maybe the Ram-D115 for the bow but don’t know if I should go with a short or a long arm.

1a9ee9a58134d861_medium.png

I use precision Sonar mounts.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by datbasstho View Post
    I’m sure there’s a ton of us that jumped on the echomaps plus 93sv sale so I’m curious what mounts you’re using?

I got good advice on a Ram-109H for my console but need help on choosing one for the bow.

Heres the Ram-109H
    31pw3-6vgsL.jpg

And I’m thinking maybe the Ram-D115 for the bow but don’t know if I should go with a short or a long arm.

1a9ee9a58134d861_medium.png
    Every one of those Ram mounts, don't matter how big those balls are, they always MOVE in even slightly rough water. Don't have a firsthand recommendation but I'm considering shelling out $$ for those billet aluminum BalZout mounts on TW. They come in blue or red powdercoat colors, and not sure if I like that much bling, but their black mount is anodized black, and I have seen other black anodized things change colors after years in the sun. There are diff types of anodizing so I'd love to know if their black can hold up to years in the sun? Anyone chime in here?

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/BalZ...page-BALZ.html
    Fish frequently, my friends! ----------<')))><
    2001 Triton TR20, 225L OptiMax, 26" Tempest Plus, Serial No: PT345686

4. Member
    Attachment 357400Works great! Fits just in front of the recessed pedal.I have the ram swingarm mount at the console and its also rock solid.
    Last edited by Fishtracks; 03-22-2019 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Added info.
    2018 TRACKER PT 190 TX
    115 MERCURY PRO XS 4 STROKE
    Mercury spitfire X7 prop
    Vessel View mobile Installed
    2= Garmin ecomap 93sv plus
    Ram swing arm mount (console)
    Dek-it Bow mount (Bow)
    57" garmin force
    Supreme Ultimate Bunkboards
    3 Leaf 3000# leaf spring upgrade

5. Member
    Ram Mount on both units

6. Member
    Depends on where you are mounting it and solo or dual? I have a dek-it dual console mount and a Kong base with a bass boat technologies dual mount on the bow.

7. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    For the bow I'd use a style like the Dekit mounts.....will be a lot more solid that a Ram ball mount.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

8. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    All aboard marine we are working on a mount for the garmins using scope that will mount up front
    Last edited by TOUCH OF CLASS; 03-23-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishfreq View Post
    Every one of those Ram mounts, don't matter how big those balls are, they always MOVE in even slightly rough water. Don't have a firsthand recommendation but I'm considering shelling out $$ for those billet aluminum BalZout mounts on TW. They come in blue or red powdercoat colors, and not sure if I like that much bling, but their black mount is anodized black, and I have seen other black anodized things change colors after years in the sun. There are diff types of anodizing so I'd love to know if their black can hold up to years in the sun? Anyone chime in here?

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/BalZ...page-BALZ.html
    I have a Helix 12 and my 93 mounted on one Balzout. Rock solid definitely worth the money IMO. Over two years still looks good.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wldblueyes4you View Post
    I have a Helix 12 and my 93 mounted on one Balzout. Rock solid definitely worth the money IMO. Over two years still looks good.
    I have 2 Balzout's as well and will buy again if needed. Just get something solid like Cisco, Dek-It, Balzout, etc. Don't cheap out on the mount that will hold your $$$$$ unit.

11. Member
    I bought a piece of 2 inch by 1/4 inch thick aluminum at local welding shop made the bends myself and drilled for screws. It's rock solid and cost 20 bucks

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Creek Ranger View Post
    I bought a piece of 2 inch by 1/4 inch thick aluminum at local welding shop made the bends myself and drilled for screws. It's rock solid and cost 20 bucks

What CR said! It ain’t going nowhere.
    Home Depot DIY
    Spray paint, glitter, clear coat and matches the boat

13. Member
    I like ciscos in some applications and the ram 109H really depends on where your putting them

14. Member
    The Ram 109H is a great mount for the money when mounting at the console. It will let the unit rattle a little at idle speeds, but it’s not going anywhere. The 93SV is a lighter unit than many others, so either ram will be fine.
    2015 Phoenix 819

15. Member
    Same as Fishtracks for the bow, a Dek-It for 942xs, and Johnny Ray for 7608xsv at console.
    1992 Ranger 482v
    1992 Mercury 175HP XRi SN 0D167948

16. Member
    awesome feedback guys!

I like the dekit mount for the bow, probably going to get that one.

And the DIY is smart too @creekranger im just not that handy, but great idea.

17. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by datbasstho View Post
    And the DIY is smart too @creekranger im just not that handy, but great idea.
    I had my brother in law make me one several years ago for my old boat.....best thing it was free....

For some of these simple mounts, if there is a welding/fab shop around your area you can probably get them to do it cheap for you and just have it painted or paint it yourself....
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

18. Member
    Thats a great idea man

Quote Originally Posted by fishin couillon View Post
    I had my brother in law make me one several years ago for my old boat.....best thing it was free....

For some of these simple mounts, if there is a welding/fab shop around your area you can probably get them to do it cheap for you and just have it painted or paint it yourself....

19. Member
    93sv is light, no need D szie RAM mount, C size RAM-111 is good enough, half the price of RAM-D-111
    Tangrine Orange Key 16604126S1

Precision Sonar

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast