Thread: wiring question

wiring question

changing my cranking battery, figured I might as well throw in a Blue Seas fuse block. Was scouring the boards, found a thread by fishingtroop (3/7/19.. another wiring question)
    in that thread, bgibson mentioned needing a way to shut off power to said fuse box. My thought was to run a wire off my Perko switch, (attached to post with same wire to + post on battery) then to fuse block. So when I turn power off to boat, I will be killing power to fuse block and essentially everything else. (except TM)
    My question is this....
    Is this the right post on Perko switch to add my fuse block wire?

Perko switch has 1, ALL and 2 on it.

I suck at the copy/paste stuff or I would have included the link to F-troops post.....
    Thanks

2. Member
    If you attach it to the same post as the one the battery + is connected to. It will remain Hot even when shut off.

There should be 3 Posts on the back of the perko switch. One of them is the wiring out to the rest of the boat, should be labeled as "Common"

That is where you would connect the new fuse block, once the switch is switched to off, there will be no power to that post.

I'm assuming this is the switch you have...https://www.perko.com/catalog/batter...lector_switch/

3. Member
    thats the one!! glad I havent finished!!! thank you sir!!!