Idle Temperature for your 250 Pro XS

Guys, I would love to know what your Idle Temperature is before you take off. I am seeing 120 to 122 out there but apparently it is supposed to be 130 before you gun it.

What is your idle temp?

2. Member
    120*-130*......but the temp must cycle to know everything is ok.

3. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    Ok that's good Savage. Mine does the typical. Warms up to about 120 to 122 then I take off. On real hot days it will only come down to about 112 to 116 at near full throttle. On real cold winter days it will run in the high 90's and low 100's at full throttle. When I come to a stop of course for the moment the heat generated by the high speed is not offset by the lower revolutions of the water pump so it takes a few seconds to cool and come back down to the 122 range again after slowing down.