Thru Hull ducer location

so before I get to de-installing and digging stuff out of my oil compartment, does anyone know where Ranger installs the thru hull ducer on an 07 Z20?
    united in the pursuit of bass.

2. Member
    If you are talking about the glue in ducer...its next to te drain inside the hull....take a 2x4 and put next to it and hit it with a hammer..it will pop lose
    You will have to take the prop storage plate out (4 screws)

3. Member
    Yes if you're talking about a 2d shoot through then you can bust your old one out but sand the area smooth before mounting the new one. I had a factory Lowrance 2d shoot through and installed a Humminbird 2d next to it so my factory one is there but I hand sanded the fiberglass smooth before mounting my HB, it works great. You can YouTube or search on here about the sand bag method on where to mount it but as long as you are in an area that the boat will be in the water on max plane then you'll be ok hince close to the drain. If you're talking about a SI/DI I believe Ranger molds them into the step with the 2d as a shoot through in the hull.

4. Member
    Best way to remove it is to grab both sides with channel lock pliers and gently rock it side to side. It should be just in front of the drain plug.

Thanks for the info! hopefully it's not too much of a pain to dig my way down there!
    united in the pursuit of bass.