Thread: Carb bowl

Carb bowl

The screw and orfice on the carb bowl....what role does it play, any certain way to put the orfice in ?

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    The orifice is for your High Speed circuit it is slotted so it only goes in one way. The big brass screw keeps the gas in the float bowl. Leave the orifice out and you won't go over 20 miles an hour. I love to make easy money of of You Tube mechanics that forget to move them over from the old to new. Don't forget there is an O ring on the carb drain plug.

Just ordered a carb kit and new bowl, new orfice also...do I just screw it in to seat it?

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    No need to order new orifice. Simply unscrew yours from the old bowl and move it to the new one. money saved.

5. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    The orifice is for your High Speed circuit it is slotted so it only goes in one way. The big brass screw keeps the gas in the float bowl. Leave the orifice out and you won't go over 20 miles an hour. I love to make easy money of of You Tube mechanics that forget to move them over from the old to new. Don't forget there is an O ring on the carb drain plug.
    Easy money is the best money!
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."