Thread: HPDI Help

HPDI Help

Does anyone know a good Yamaha mechanic near southern Illinois. Already had it to 3 different ones and not fixed yet.

2. Member
    I drive 6 hours to Legacy Marine in Grand Rivers KY. Talk to Chris. Top notch guy. I would think he should not be really far for you?

3. Member
    How southern in illinois? Im in the nw corner, but my boat mechanic is too notch. Just completed full rebuilds on 2 hpdi's lately. Family business been doin it for 40yrs. Merc & yam dealer, and not a marina. May be worth the drive. Of course i dont know how close you are to hydrotec either? What issues are you having? Maybe we can help!

4. Member
    Runs fine for the first run then after that it will only come up to around 2000 rpms., wont plane out

5. Member
    Sounds like rev limiter (guardian mode). The question is whats causing it? Any alarms or overheats? Good water psi? Compression?

6. Member
    no alarms new water pump, good comp. It's been to 3 different shops and none have been able to fix it.

7. Member
    Fuel problem..either high or low pressure pump or one of the filters/injector filters

8. Member
    all filters were changed,low pressure pump changed and high pressure output was ok

9. Member
    Have you had the injectors checked?

10. Member
    Was the fuel pressure checked when it wouldn't plane off?

11. Member
    Don't be fooled by Changed Plugs. Had the same did not plane but rev to limmiter no load. First thing i Changed Plugs. Now that is out of your mind...only to find that there was
    two plugs that did not spark as well as the rest. Remove one at at time keep it connected, ground the body and check the spark while running the motor.
    Do that to them all. Will from now on only use Original Yami plugs made in Japan.