Vexus and FLW Fishing and White River MG

So with the obvious affiliation between Vexus and FLW LLC, does that mean that FLW will be divorcing with Ranger? Seems to me that Vexus would be the main boat sponsor and all of the Ranger guys will be jumping ship to Vexus? Thoughts or rumors?

2. Member
    I think you over estimate any affiliation between them.

You are definitely going to have people jumping over to Vexus. But I don't see it being a mass exodus from Ranger. In my opinion, I do think Vexus will eventually end up a sponsor boat on a pro circuit but it will take some time. Ranger is an entrenched quality boat that has deep loyal roots. However, there is also a strong loyalty to those who ran Ranger for many many years.
    2021 Vexus 2080, Merc ProXs 200
    2019 Vexus 1980, Evinrude G2 150 H.O. - moved onto a new owner

Affiliation between Vexus and FLW? What affiliation? Did I miss something?
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

5. Member
    I know nothing of any future events, but Bill Taylor of FLW has been associated with Ranger since the early 1980s. The tournament trails that were before FLW date back that far and I guess led Mr. Taylor to create the FLW. And of course FLW are the initials of the creator/founder of Ranger Boats. That may be what he is suggesting.

6. Member
    I figured Forrest L. Wood was the connecting factor considering the FLW championship was named after him and I always thought FLW meant both his initials and Fishing League Worldwide. Maybe I just assumed he has more involvement in FLW Fishing than he actually does?

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stahlead View Post
    I figured Forrest L. Wood was the connecting factor considering the FLW championship was named after him and I always thought FLW meant both his initials and Fishing League Worldwide. Maybe I just assumed he has more involvement in FLW Fishing than he actually does?
    I think Forest was involved early, I doubt he is in it now. He will always have a big influence because of who he is and what he has done for the sport.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by stahlead View Post

FLW was originally named after Forrest, later changed to fishing league worldwide. It’ll be interesting to see if these new MLF buying FLW rumors are real or not. I hope they are false.

9. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    Irwin Jacobs has owned FLW from the early days. His only connection to Ranger was that he was the Prez & CEO of Genmar which owned Ranger when FLW was founded. Jacobs also owned VEC Tecnologies aside from Genmar back in those days. I'm curious if this is the technology used on the Vexus glass boats.

10. Member
    Rumor is Duckett just purchased FLW

11. Member
    They will get as many pros or sponsorships as they want to spend the money for.

Wasn't that long ago that FLW was always talked about as being Forrest L. Wood's initials, but then they changed the name to Fishing League Worldwide. After that, they also changed the name from Forrest Wood Cup to the FLW Cup.

13. Member
    Now this could bring some change to us local guys if true!

14. Member
    Ole John L will own FLW eventually..