USA Bought a 93SV Plus back in November -how to update it?

Bought the unit back in November and I have still never used it—getting ready to set it up with live scope combo want to make sure I have the latest software in it what is required to do the update- what is the process to download the latest software ?

2. Member
    1.download the update file in your computer
    2.have a SD card format to FAT32, insert the SD card into a card reader, plug the card reader into your computer usb port
    3.double click the downloaded update file (.exe) to launch extract wizard, click "find Drive" -> next until finish
    4.power on the unit, insert the SD card into unit slot, update page will pop up, chose correct option to complete update.

the last step is a bit tricky, make sure the SD card is not insert ahead unit power on, if you insert the SD card before turn on the unit and turn on the unit, the update will never show up. all you have to do is power off the unit, eject the SD card, wait 10 seconds, power on the unit, insert SD card, few seconds later, update page pop up

Will this work on an Apple computer?

4. Member
    I think it has to be Windows.

You may have to use ActiveCaptain and your phone if you don't have access to a Windows computer.
    My wife asks if I'm going to fish every day. I can't fish every day. Some days I might be sick.

5. Member
    How do you use ActiveCaptain and my phone?

6. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    Look on YouTube, Garmin has instructional videos on AC.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

7. Member
    I have the update downloaded to a SD card just have to put it in the unit. So what is deal with AC? Do I need to get that set up or will the unit work without that? I am only using one garmin on my boat. AC 101- what is the purpose of it and why do u need to use it?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by j791 View Post
    Will this work on an Apple computer?
    Yes. It will work on an Apple machine. All your doing is downloading a file and saving it to an SD card.
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by creekchub View Post
    I have the update downloaded to a SD card just have to put it in the unit. So what is deal with AC? Do I need to get that set up or will the unit work without that? I am only using one garmin on my boat. AC 101- what is the purpose of it and why do u need to use it?
    Active Captain is an app that installs on your phone. The app acts as the interface allowing your phone to connect directly to your unit without wires and without having to remove/replace the SD card to perform updates.

Once the app is on your phone you log in and/or create a log in to Active Captain. Once the unit is configured to connect to your phone the registration of your devices is done automatically through the app.

You are notified of updates via the app on your phone. Updates are first downloaded to the phone. By connecting your phone to the unit the updates are then pushed your unit.

I also use Active Captain to add/manage way points when I'm not with my boat...i.e. trip planning of sorts. When I return to my boat the updates made via my phone are automatically updated to the unit.

The entire process of down loading AC, creating log in to AC and configuring my unit to connect to phone took only 15-30 minutes total.
    2019 Weld-Craft 1960 Mod-V
    2019 Evinrude Etec 150/105 Jet
    Minn Kota Ultrex 24v-80#-45"
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 122SV, GT54UHD (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Plus 93SV (Front)
    Garmin EchoMap Ultra 102SV, GT56UHD (Console)
    Panoptix Livescope, GLS10/LVS32

10. Member
    When using Active Captain, you have to make sure the WiFi is enabled on the 93sv. Then on the phone, make sure that the phone is on the wifi signal from the 93sv unit, and not some internet wifi in the area. I could see some people having problems with that.