Canada LakeVü 2019.0 = G3 ???

Hi,

did you know if the Canada LakeVü 2019.0 version (SKU: 010-D1333-00) IS the G3 version (non-Ultra) with the integrated Navionics data?

Thats the only available map appearing in Garmin Express (I have a echoMAP CHIRP 75cv with Canada LakeVü 2018.50 downloaded on the internal memory, if that matters...)

Thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by saumon; 03-22-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Yes all mapping with version 2019.0 is g3 mapping with Navionics integration.
    Garmin Pro Team

3. Member
    Todd, So if US LakeVu Ultra 2019.0 shows up on Garmin Express as a update, is that downloadable?

4. Member
    Great, thank you Todd! Just a bit confusing that Garmin doesn't show up anywhere in Garmin Express that it's the G3 version...
    Last edited by saumon; 03-22-2019 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by azbohunter View Post
    Todd, So if US LakeVu Ultra 2019.0 shows up on Garmin Express as a update, is that downloadable?
    Yes, the Ultra mapping is available via download and SD card purchase.
    Garmin Pro Team

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Driscoll View Post
    Yes, the Ultra mapping is available via download and SD card purchase.
    Only difference (I think, from what I've read) for the downloaded version is that the LakeVü G3 non-Ultra will be automatically transferred to the internal memory while the bigger Ultra version will stay on the sd card (most likely because there's not enough space on the internal memory).
    Last edited by saumon; 03-22-2019 at 07:31 PM.

7. Member
    Thanks Todd...

Quote Originally Posted by saumon View Post
    Only difference (I think, from what I've read) for the downloaded version is that the LakeVü G3 non-Ultra will be automatically transferred to the internal memory while the bigger Ultra version will stay on the sd card (most likely because there's not enough space on the internal memory).
    Ultra mapping is always from an SD card (never transferred to built-in memory). You are confusing the Ultra accessory card mapping with the pre-loaded built-in mapping (for which you can also update). Yes, some units have enough memory to to completely update the built-in mapping (no need to keep update card in unit). Others do not so you must keep built-in mapping update card in unit.
    Garmin Pro Team

9. Member
    Ok, thanks! I know that, for my particular unit (echoMAP CHIRP 75cv w/preloaded Canada LakeVü non-Ultra) the previous updates were transferred via a card to the internal memory (no need to keep the card in after the transfer, but I keep it in anyway for recording the Quickdraw data), but I haven't yet made the update to the 2019.0 G3 (non-Ultra), so I don't know if there will be enough memory into the unit for that one... I'll let you know.
    Last edited by saumon; 03-23-2019 at 05:17 AM.