Vexus DVX at the Northwest Sportshow in Mpls

My son and I went down to the Sportshow this evening for a quick couple hour tour through the convention center floor. Hadn't really planned on going, but I'll admit it, when I saw Vexus Boats on the exhibitor map, I was pretty excited to go see the boats in person!
    They had a DVX20 and DVX22 that we were able to walk around in. Got to talk to Mr. Little and a couple of the other Vexus reps. It's obvious they are proud of what they've put together - and they're excited to share with everyone. The local dealer guys were also very excited - they admitted they'd never been involved in a new manufacturer/boat offering of this magnitude before - so their grins and enthusiasm made for an enjoyable conversation about their future outlook for the brand, and their dealer sales.

The boats:
    This company really knows how to fit and finish a boat! Everything on these rigs oozes "quality".
    Plenty of room in the sole and bow - the bow areas of both boats would easily accommodate three guys side by side pitching big baits. Rod/gear storage was excellent, and all the right little details were incorporated throughout the cockpit.
    Every lid was solid, and by a finger-gauge check, felt like they were nearly 3/4" thick. Did I mention storage was excellent?
    Being able to flush mount two huge graphs fairly high up in the console was a benefit - while still having a pair of gauges in eyesight. Again, too many details to mention... but all done immaculately.

While the sales rep gave his spiel on the wakeboat-esq "pickle-fork" bow, I simply stopped him and said "it's a design element for you guys, right? I get that.". He smiled, and agreed... saying they wanted a non cookie-cutter boat look. It's polarizing though - some will like it, some won't. Just like the automotive style windshield corners, and 3D chrome badges.

Personally, I like the indentations on the hull and cap - reminds me of a Merc "alien" cowl. Very distinctive and unique.
    The hull bottom is really where it's at - the chines and transom edges are razor sharp and straight. The paint finish is nice - I didn't find it any less appealing than a painted aluminum hull - although again, it's a polarizing thing. Traditional glitter guys might not like it. But if the pros start running these hulls, they're going to vinyl wrap the snot out of them anyway.
    Even the trailer details, fit and finish were spot on. Especially liked the thin fender wrap appearance over the tires.

I can't afford one - but I'm sure those that can, will get a fantastic boat for their money. It's exciting to see a new manufacturer with high quality standards in the mix. That should certainly keep the other builders on their toes, bringing fresh ideas and features into their products too.

2. Moderator Vexus Boats sclark's Avatar

3. Banned
    The multi species is a good looking boat.

4. Member
    It was actually shocking to feel how sharp the keel lines were, I was told that is possible due to the manufacturing process. Not sure what it will do from a ride or fishability standpoint but it is certainly unique and feels impressive.

Also impressive was the team of Vexus people present at the show. All of the top execs and players are in town. All very willing to pick up a conversation about their new boats.

5. Member
    Wow! That 22 is sharp!

6. Member
    That red is sharp for sure!

7. Member
    Disappointed when i heard no bass boats

8. Member
    They could not get the show to give them enough booth space for more models. It seems some local dealers and other brands fought hard to keep them out.
    Probably the same ones I saw snooping around the booth trying to get a peek.

9. Member
    I think the multi species boats will be a bit hit. Especially with the Lake Erie guys. The boats look awsome!

10. Banned
    All that money spent on R&D, yet they went with the 9.9 on the kicker. The small money saved on that gives owners big headaches due to lack of charging. Hopefully the 15 is an option. Sweet boats though!

11. Member
    I took a look today. Very nice looking boats, even had the pleasure to chat with Randy Hopper. He offered to show us around the factory when we're down to Table Rock next week and I think we will try to make it fit our schedule!

The 9.9 makes pulling spinners with meat easier, I'm sure you can get a 15
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

13. Member
    I also checked these DVX boats out at MN show.

Some of my personal observations:

Randy Hopper, Kieth Daffron, George Liddle and Jason Parsons all very patient, gracious and accommodating spending considerable time answering my questions and explaining boat features. I climbed in, crawled around, opened all storage areas, measured, etc.

* These boats show better in person than they do online
    * Fit and finish top notch
    * Quality materials used on dash, bow panel, switch panels, etc.
    * Thought I might miss the metal flake - I didn't
    * Thought the cockpit area might be a bit constricted given all the storage areas - it wasn't - plenty roomy
    * Pickle fork design did seem to add a little space up front although I'm still warming up to the look
    * Well designed layout

Given it performs as advertised on the water - they should have a winner.

14. Member
    I was at the show Saturday morning and I hadn't heard of Vexus Boats before and so I was just doing the typical back and forth down each row to see what each exhibitor had. I stopped at the Vexus Boats booth and I was very impressed. I liked the silver DVX20 and that's when I heard more about the leadership behind the company. I was very, very impressed and I had a chance to speak to Randy Hopper himself. What I thought really set it apart was the "wings" (not sure what else to call them) behind the windshield.

Quote Originally Posted by jkretch View Post
    I also checked these DVX boats out at MN show.

Some of my personal observations:

Randy Hopper, Kieth Daffron, George Liddle and Jason Parsons all very patient, gracious and accommodating spending considerable time answering my questions and explaining boat features. I climbed in, crawled around, opened all storage areas, measured, etc.

* These boats show better in person than they do online
    * Fit and finish top notch
    * Quality materials used on dash, bow panel, switch panels, etc.
    * Thought I might miss the metal flake - I didn't
    * Thought the cockpit area might be a bit constricted given all the storage areas - it wasn't - plenty roomy
    * Pickle fork design did seem to add a little space up front although I'm still warming up to the look
    * Well designed layout

Given it performs as advertised on the water - they should have a winner.
    Dont ever remember H.Bear liking pickles......lol