Helix 10 max speed.

Is there a way to go in and find the max speed on a Hummingbird Helix 10 SI GPS unit?

2. Member
    What speed are you talking about. Max speed for sonar returns,processor speed or maybe screen speed?

3. Member
    GPS speed.

4. Member
    It will show whatever your speed is no limit. Or are you talking solutions per second? That would be 5 or 10,selectable

5. Member
    He's talking about a max speed recall like on Lowrance units. So instead of having to stare at the speedo while running down the lake wide open you can make a run then just flip over a few screens and see what the max speed was.

As far as I know, helix's do not have that option

6. Member
    Never would have guessed that! I use mine for fishing. Bob

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    Never would have guessed that! I use mine for fishing. Bob
    You're doing it all wrong, Bob!

8. Member
    No idea what motor you have but, Mercury has this. 1 screen is for top speed, rpm and some other features.

https://www.mercurymarine.com/en/us/...selview-mobile

9. Member
    The only thing on HB that comes close to that would be trip log. It provides average speed and distance traveled since last reset. Otherwise, it can only show current speed. Trip log can be displayed as a box readout.
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow

The only way you can get max speed without watching the display is RECORD. Then you can play that back and watch the readout.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

11. Member
    Thanks for the help guys. I was just wondering if there was a way to do it with Hummingbird so I can keep my eyes on what I am doing instead of having to try to watch my graph. Had the bullet up to 75 last night and then quit watching the graph because the boat was getting a little out of shape and I was hoping there was a way so that I could just click back over to it after the run instead of trying to watch it. Sorry for my original wording. I was dog tired last night when I posted that and that was the best wording I could come up with. I have came back today and realized it was pretty hard to understand.

12. Member
    A younger guy might have picked that up right off. When the boat gets squirrely I usually slow down. Be careful. Wear a high speed pfd and wear a helmet young man. Old Bob

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobcoy View Post
    A younger guy might have picked that up right off. When the boat gets squirrely I usually slow down. Be careful. Wear a high speed pfd and wear a helmet young man. Old Bob
    Yeah if I usually start trimming down if I cant get it to quit walking. Need to invest in a high speed pfd. As it is now I am just wearing a cheap BPS jacket. That's on the short list.