Thread: Lake Cumberland

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    There are several good flats coming out of Lilly creek, on the left going towards Harmon creek and Difficulty creek, you might also luck into a nice striper as well. If you want some fun, throw the Spook in the morning and hold on because you will get a striper to explode on it.

2. Member
    Does anyone know the water temp and stage of the spawn? I was there two weeks ago and didn’t catch much. I’m assuming that we are on the tail end of the spawn.

3. Member
    62-63 burnside yesterday- caught a bunch just nothing over the 2.5-3 lbs and most were 12 inchers -all phases likely now , super shallow bite

4. Member
    Water temp Saturday was up to 64 in places.. You can find both prespawn and spawning bass.. before cold front last Friday, could catch up to 30 fish day easy, everything from 12 inches to 4 pounders. Recommend going asap! If going solo or with a group of people stay at Golden Pond Resort in Monticello, cheaper than a hotel and much nicer, with great boat parking. Close to fallls creek boat access and Conley bottom!

5. Member
    Strong bite-had over 50, probably 70 keeper largemouth last thurs by lunch-best day I’ve ever had on Cumberland. Took my 8 yo wed and sat and he had 12-13 lbs each day by himself . I went down 2 spawning banks and caught them every cast for a 1/4 mi- right place right time pure luck whatever but it amazes me how it can be like that and at other times tuff as hell

6. Member
    What the heck you throwing ?

7. Member
    It didnt matter what you threw Thursday morning they were eating everything, my partner and myself had 12-15 rods out and by 9:00 we noticed that we had a keeper on every one of them

8. Member
    Yes it didn’t matter but I used shakey , wacky, swimbait jig-whatever u like; had well over 20-30 yesterday, it’s still going strong

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12