Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Banned

Fish Joyce's Dock

Iknow a lot of you are not on Facebook. Guess a lady in Florida didn't like a guy fishing her dock. He took video of her telling him she owned the water and he had to leave. She even squirted him with a hose. A police report was filed. Now it has bloomed into a huge outing Saturday fishing her dock. Sound like the local authorities are involved and say as long as no one trespasses they will be fine. Been really funny watching this develope

I would love to see that

3. Member
    Wow.

Fish were on docks for me last Sunday.

I hung up a few times and climbed up and got it unhung

Im a dock owner and last thing I want is my kids running down when we get to the lake and sticking themselves with a hook

if u get hung - get it and get gone. That is all

4. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    yea,,, that'll shed some good light on fishermen as a whole............................

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

5. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    Welcome to Floriduh!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

6. Member
    Old Snover almost got sprayed last fall. Got him a lot of views though.

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gthunter5 View Post
    if u get hung - get it and get gone. That is all
    Yep, I believe it's MY responsibility to leave someones dock in a safe condition if I make a mistake with a bad cast.

8. Member
    If someones dog shits in your yard when walking by do ya hope they clean it up?

9. Member
    In Florida it is against the law to do what she did. She had charges brought against her but there could/should have been several more.

The local media has picked up on it and Saturday should be interesting. I suspicion there will be dozens/hundreds of boats fishing her dock.

With some of these waterfront homeowners all the courtesy in the world would not placate them. They feel they own the water. Hopefully this will wake some of these people up.

Quote Originally Posted by Davecon View Post
    In Florida it is against the law to do what she did. She had charges brought against her but there could/should have been several more.

The local media has picked up on it and Saturday should be interesting. I suspicion there will be dozens/hundreds of boats fishing her dock.

With some of these waterfront homeowners all the courtesy in the world would not placate them. They feel they own the water. Hopefully this will wake some of these people up.
    We have a local lake that used to have a marina on the east side (now bankrupt) and many of the boaters there would complain if you were in there, especially if fishing the docks. My partner and I were in there during a tournament and a lady and man sitting in their boat started lecturing us on why it was illegal for us to fish in there. We ignored them, but they wouldn't shut up. Finally, I said to them, "In case you did not know, Ohio recently passed a fisherman harassment law (which was true). I told them, I am a XXX (the county where the lake is located) county assistant prosecutor (a lie). I know that it is not illegal for us to fish in this marina (true) and if you do not stop harassing us I am going to call the sheriff and have you arrested for fishermen harassment." Luckily, my tournament partner kept a straight face and the people shut up! Sometimes, a little BS foes a long way!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. 1sharphook
    lol it says 700+ going to participate. I'd love to see the drone footage.

http://www.fox35orlando.com/news/loc...water-she-owns

https://www.facebook.com/events/428819674531249

I don't fish occupied docks, just out of respect on my own accord, even though I'm legal to. I've got a whole lake to fish. If I had a $80K Ranger in a slip, I'd rather not have a parade of fisherman trying to cast lead and tungsten and treble hook lures just in between the boat and dock.

With Florida, being a stand your ground state, I could envision bad things happening if one of these situations escalates with tempers flaring.

I fish docks all day and have a dock with a beautiful boat on the lift and really enjoy 30 second conversations with the guys that come by fishing , fridge full of cokes waiting for them if they are thirsty .

14. Member
    Please keep us posted.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

15. Banned
    I think she was way out of bounds on what she did and should be charged with what she did. Property owners are going to realize they can not stand guard 24/7 and protect what property that they do own that is surrounded by public property. Rich and stupid is not an asset.

16. Member
    HoughhoughSeveral years ago me and my fshing buddy were fishing a canal on the Harris chain. When we got to this one house the rainbird sprinklers came on spraying the canal. We fished on by and when we got past the sprinklers stoped. On the way out same thing happened. We thought it was kinda funny. Only thing , it was cold that day. We didn’t run from the water though. Bene fussed and cursed also. Know that dock on Lk. Elbert as mentioned in another thread.

My favorite was when I was fishing Lk. Sawyer during a WBC fish-in. My backseater was Trevol Mason, a very nice black fellow who fished with me several times.

We got challenged by an old lady who told us to leave. I gave my standard reply "If you think we're doing something illegal, call 911. I'll wait around while they talk to you."
    Trevol tried to be a diplomat, and asked what she thought we were harming. She said "You don't know what goes on around here!" Which were the magic words. I replied "I know! I know what goes on around here!". To which she replied "What?". I said "Inbreeding, lots of inbreeding!" OMG, she was livid. Maybe she won't be such a beotch after that?
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

18. Member
    Was fishing docks on a Michigan lake last summer. Going along when i see a lady sitting on her dock reading. I didn't cast but just trolled by. I said good morning and she started in on me. You fishermen hurt the fish in the lake and get line all over the place. I smiled and didn't say a word. Just then here comes a wake ski boat making a Huge Wake with the music blaring. The kid music with " F Bombs " every other word. The wave washes over her dock and just about rips her pontoon loose. Wish I had a video. I asked if that was better than fishermen with electric motors. She ran in the house screaming and throwing her hands up. Best part was I caught a nice keeper off the next dock.

Will be watching FB live for this event.

19. Member
    These guys are way more organized then we in Michigan are. In our yearly tournament trail there are 2 lakes that have one person on each that constantly bitches at us for fishing in front of their houses. Even had one of them call the water cops on one of the guys who stood his ground with the water cop and refused to leave as it was his privilege to fish anywhere on that lake. It is about time people started making a big stink about how property owners treat fishermen . I applaud everything they are doing.

It's one thing to fish docks and get yelled at by the owners. I think everyone on this site has been through that a time or two. But this guy was provoking her. She may have charges against her but he needed to shut his trap. No sense in escalating a bad situation.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast