Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar

Stlouis shooting

There’s no way Iam going down town ,there must of been 75 shells laying on the ground roped off just a few hours ago.I still can’t believe people work down there much less go to the games!

2. Banned
    They must need more gun laws. Those law abiding gun owners should know better.

3. Member
    Didn't hear anything just got home from work at broadway and market

Local paper article. Both sides of the river are dangerous and I cross it most days.
    https://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...me-top-story-1
    Enjoying life in Southern Illinois

5. Member
    I work downtown a lot. During all hours, you just need to be observant. Most crimes are drug/gang related, but there are some crazy people wandering. Also carrying yourself isn’t a bad idea. In 6 years I’ve only had one gun pulled on me lol

6. Member
    wow, caught them in 4 min from the report being issued and crime is down 13% from last year. Looks like the cops are doing their job.

Over 30 years ago I delivered close to downtown St. Louis, it was bad then.

8. Banned
    East St Louis, while technically in Illinois, is one of the worst places in the US.

9. Banned
    I use to visit St. Louis quite often for business. Stayed downtown a lot and never once felt unsafe... I guess ignorance is bliss... Dan

"roll them up"

11. Member
    Back in the 80s I just to run to our terminal there and they would have us shuttled to a hotel downtown (don’t remember name) and they always told us to be careful. Some was even getting robbed in the hotel. I never had any problems. Maybe just lucky

12. Member
    Bwaaaa

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    East St Louis, while technically in Illinois, is one of the worst places in the US.
    On a trip to St.Louis the wife & me accidentally got off on Kings Highway instead of Martin Kuther King. I stopped at a gas station to ask directions & 3 huge bad*ss looking black guys just looked & wouldn’t even speak to me.I bet they thought I was either one dumb or brave hick white boy to ask them for help. I went across the road to a Target store & asked for directions & was glad to get out of there. Needless to say I was in East St. Louis & remember seeing it on cops about a thousand times. Lol

14. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    On a trip to St.Louis the wife & me accidentally got off on Kings Highway instead of Martin Kuther King. I stopped at a gas station to ask directions & 3 huge bad*ss looking black guys just looked & wouldn’t even speak to me.I bet they thought I was either one dumb or brave hick white boy to ask them for help. I went across the road to a Target store & asked for directions & was glad to get out of there. Needless to say I was in East St. Louis & remember seeing it on cops about a thousand times. Lol
    is your name clark????

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Just got back from St Louis from a business trip. First time I was there. I stayed at the Drury Inn and Suites Convention Center on North Broadway. People at hotel and airport very nice and pleasant to talk with. But I decided to walk 2 block to the convenient store. I didn't make it a block and a half. Here I was a slightly chunky almost 50 guy with a bum knee not really thinking much about it. But very quickly I was bombarded with guys wanting money and on the way back some followed me. I would say in the block and half there and back I was approached by 12 different guys. Made this KY boy very nervous. I have been in downtown areas before, Chicago, Raleigh, Nashville, etc., and never thought anything about it. But this time I felt extremely nervous.

Then the next morning I watch the news and saw all the shootings that were being reported on. Some the day before, one the same night I made my little stroll in downtown and some not exactly in downtown. That made this ol boy from KY very thankful I decided to turn back around and go back to the hotel.

Now I read this.

I spent all my summers up until I was 20 in Los Angeles. My cousin and I went to East LA for movies, Vegas to hang out with other cousins, Downtown LA, South El Monte and many other areas and never felt this kind of nervous. We pretty much knew as long as we didn't get involved in their business everything was cool. I saw gang retaliation, results of shootings, gang fights and just general mob fights. Again as long as I didn't get involved there were no worries. But now-a-days I do not feel that way. Maybe it's age maybe it is getting worse. I don't know. But what I do know is when I go back to St Louis I will not be staying downtown. I will be staying on thee outskirts where other company employees stay.
    "No one is useless in the world who lightens the burden of another" Charles Dickens

"Just because I do not agree with you does not mean I hate you or that I do not respect your opinion. We need to relearn that in our society."

2004 Ranger 521DVX
    2004 Yamaha Vmax HPDI 250

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Young View Post
    Didn't work out too well for Clark either when he was lost in St. Louis.

17. Member
    I can't believe I didn't hear that the news said 70 plus rounds I guess everything goes in one ear and out the other at least that's what the wife says

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    is your name clark????
    LOL....I was thinking the same thing.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

19. Member
    I moved to St Louis (Chesterfield) last fall due to my wifes job. We came to visit for the first time in July, and while at the airport in TN I overheard a guy talking with his wife. He was reading an article listing the most dangerous cities in the US. St Louis was #2. I looked at my wife like what are we doing!

I went downtown once and said it was my last if I could help it.
    St Louis is a unique big city. It doesn't feel like a big city. Out side of east and north St Louis it is really nice place. Their are more huge houses around my girls school (Town and Country) than I have seen in all of my life prior to coming here. It all depends on where you are in and around the city.
    I don't know where we are, but we are making darn good time.

Quote Originally Posted by lakefolk View Post
    is your name clark????
    Late 70's we rented a station wagon for vacation. Put a luggage topper on top the car. On I-29 I-70 I-470 I-435 in KCMO and all the construction, lane closures ----- I jumped off on 71 Business-------- took us right up through the Hood. XXX movies, hookers, all on the street @9:00PM on a Saturday night.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast