OEM starter replacement cost on 200 Optimax?

Having a mercury boat dealer do a replacement of the starter on my 200 Optimax year 2000. How much can I expect the cost to be using a OEM starter? Thanks

2. Member
    Take your starter to a Automotive Starter/Alternator Rebuild Shop and save $$$$.

3. Member
    The dealer has my boat doing some other work on it plus the starter work, I know OEM parts are expensive and they are supposed to call me with starter price. First time doing business with this shop and was just wanting to make sure I am getting a fair shake when they call with the price.

4. Member
    If he’s already got your boat there’s not a lot you can do about the price. As a first time customer you’ll pay msrp plus labor rate for your area plus any supplies. You may ask some of the mechanics here what a fair number of hours is for that job, too many variables for someone to throw out a dollar number.

5. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    If you would, please take a moment to review the Announcements at the top of the Forum, and be sure to provide the Required Info when posting. Thanks!

With your engine serial number, you can lookup parts for your engine on our website. Latest part number and price is shown in the shopping cart.

www.mercurypartsonline.net

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    Sorry did not see post at top, unfortunately my boat is at a dealer 5 hours from where I live and I don’t know my serial number .
    The only info I can provide is that the boat and motor is a 2000 Triton TR20 with a 2000 Mercury 200hp Optimax and the labor rate is $95 per hour.

7. Member
    To replace the starter is a sub-1-hour job. One of the easier things to replace. Not buried under dozens of cables and parts that have to be removed for access. At least on every Merc I have worked on, which dates back a long way. As far as cost of the part, the sky's the limit. Mercury parts have always been over the top, including simple things like spark plugs. No telling what the starter sells for.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

upwards of $400 for a new mercury starter at the dealers
    Thank You Leon Pugh