Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    I drove from Ohio to the 1994 Woodstock reunion. “ mudstock” saw Joe Cocker, Santana, CSN,Allmun Brothers and a lot of bands most here would not appreciate. I was 18 .. told my folks I was going camping with friends . Well I was.. the highlight of the whole event was while setting up camp at 2:00 am someone blurts out “ hey that’s Joe Walsh” . He was carrying a guitar and pig nose. He was talked into playing a few songs around the fire that the campers next to us had . He sat on a stump and began taking requests . There were maybe about 15-20 of us at first and until he stopped playing ( when the batteries died) I had not even noticed the extent of the crowd that had gathered. I saw a circle ( wall of people close around) but he parted a crowd if I’d say a few thousand as he walked off. What seemed like hours was probably closer to 40 minutes... an event I will never forget. True story.. although I’m quite new around here I find it appropriate tol dedicate this post to TJ ... adventuring for some starts early, and a true adventurer never stops exploring..

I was stationed at Quonset Pt. NAS RI. And had no idea it was going on.
    I probably won't have fit in wearing my dress blues.
    ******2008 ZX200/200 Yamaha Series 2******
    *God is great, beer is good ---- people are crazy*

3. Member
    I lived on the left coast did hear about it just a little to far. Best song Piece of My Heart Janis Joplin....

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    And a Public Service Announcement re: the shitty brown acid...

The announcement 50 years later:

via Imgflip Meme Generator

"The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Swinging Bridge res! Spent a lot of time there....just south....

See the line up for the 50th Woodstock they are doing? Sad what music has become. I.M.O.
    Darrall Dougherty

I was managing a gas station on the interstate. All types of people were traveling through saying they were going to this huge concert out east. A few said " You should go, it is going to be huge". Sooo glad I didn't, looks better on film.

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by darrall View Post
    See the line up for the 50th Woodstock they are doing? Sad what music has become. I.M.O.

˘Rap music

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jml View Post
    Hard to believe its been that long ago. A young Carlos Santana was great, still listen today. Any favorites from us older members?
    Just saw Santana in Vegas in January. Played a lot of old stuff.Has his son on stage with him playing Keyboard.

Funny part people think the concert was in Woodstock, NY. Had a friend tell me the town was cool, and must have been a hell of a place to hold a concert.........then argued with when I told him it was not in Woodstock, NY.

11. Member
    the woodstock i had was on a M14 in 1968 .............had a blast !!

Quote Originally Posted by LewStulePH.D. View Post
    Richie Havens and easy to remember lyrics..

Richie added an upper pick guard to his later guitars, but I don't think Guild put them on the Richie Havens Signature D40s.

I would loved to have heard Arlo Guthrie singing Coming Into Los Angeles at Woodstock.
    Sick, tired, hungry, broke, busted, disgusted, can't be trusted, been imposed on and won't fight

13. Banned
    Here You go, enjoy

14. Member
    And after the conversion (tariff) he was still a 4.0 student

... and don’t eat the purple Jesus

15. rgoss66892
    I was there for the whole thing. Greatest party ever held!!

16. Proud American Union local16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darrall View Post
    There will never be another Woodstock.

Dale Sinclair original

17. Member
    Us hillbillies only learned about it afterward, when the Hippies came thru hitchhiking back to California. Meet a nice guy that stayed around hauling hay with us till he had a few buck in his pocket to continue the journey. Either that or he ran out of grass and went searching for the next bag.

18. Member
    And a Public Service Announcement re: the shitty brown acid...

[/QUOTE]

Only been to Trader Joe's once in my life. After departing the store the first thought that came to my mind was those old hippies didn't get the shitty brown acid memo. Still living like it was the 60s. Never saw so many yuppie hippies in a store searching for munchies.

Quote Originally Posted by pabasshawk View Post
    I still have my ticket.
    My ticket ended up in a cow pasture. We ripped them up when we found out it was declared a free concert.
    Oh the collectors now.

20. Member
    A high school friend's uncle rode to the "festival" on his shovel head. He had been in San Francisco for a year before that just hanging out. He was still trying to spend the money Uncle Sam payed him for visiting Southeast Asia. We were both excited 14 year olds hearing some of his stories

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast