Effects of raising motor (h56)

First off sorry for this post, I know this has been beat to death. Ive been running this boat over a year now (h56, 150 pro v, 6” cmc manual plate, sandwich talon bracket adds another 1”, Yamaha m23 prop,6in prop to pad) boat runs great 60mph gps at 6k rpm with m23 prop. After reading all of the setups on here, I decided to open the can of worms and raised the motor from 6” p2p to 4”. Hole shot seems to have improved, mph and rpm didn’t change, water psi about 18, boat was a lot more trim sensitive to prevent porpoising, I had pretty bad torque steer when running on plane (zero torque steer on plane prior to raising outboard) Is increased torque steer a common effect of raising an outboard? Also, 6” p2p seemed pretty low to me after seeing everyone else’s setups, any ideas why I didn’t see a performance increase after raising motor 2”? Any input is appreciated, I have since lowered the motor to 5” p2p and will take it out tomorrow.I know every Hull is different, just curious of the effects of engine height.
    Thanks

2. T Dub
    Does the torque steer not decrease as you trim up on plane?

3. Member
    Nope. I’ve since ran it at 5in p2p, with myself and a buddy it was having a hard time getting on plane and would drag the starboard talon which made the boat ride heavy to port side. Gave up and set it back to 6”. But the torque steer I mentioned in op was steering me to starboard side. If I can find a trophy or turbo prop at a price I can’t pass up I’ll try that route.