Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think the best thing would be to go ahead and get solid mounts made. Then get the ECU tuned to let the engine get past 5940 RPM, that way the 28" ProMax can stretch it's legs. And it would make better use of the Trophy as well. There's still a little left in the current setup, but the ECU would free it up quite a bit.

I think if Mercury Racing just touched this engine (mounts, gearcase, and slight tune) it would be magic for the repower market. And a Racing version of the new 225 V6 would also be dynamite. Very impressed with this engine so far in general. They are incredibly reliable.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gdEuXa]Allison side shot
    Last edited by Wave to Wave; 06-13-2019 at 03:21 PM.

I would try a 28 drag4 from performance props on there. Bet its the ticket. There 28 drag is equally amazing on these hulls. Because you have so much more torque than a 2 stroke even with a 150 you could turn the 28 Drag4. On a 2.5 the Drag3 works so so good. I love the trophy also with my 225 promax the 25 is such a great all round people hauler and rough water prop when you off and on the throttle so much to manage boat chop. But for all round two up to solo props the drag3 in a 28 is very very very hard to beat!!

For a top ender Ill bet you could turn a 30 cleaver. I really like the 30 signature cleaver from hill. affordable and very good to my surprise on hole shot and midrange also. Way less slip than i thought and just darn right fast and able to lift well. but a little finicky were to set it for height. To high and lifts to much and to low not as efficient. I had to play around a bit to find the sweet spot and its a very narrow spot but once found they run perfect. They lift so much when above the pad they actually lift the pad up and down around 90mph haha scary actually. Lower it a touch and planted. Im pretty sure even to 1/8 below was the sweet spot solo light fuel. Trophy always 1/4 below. Drags also 1/8th below.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12