Moving boat and trailer

I have a new to me Triton with a double axle trailer that I have to push by hand into place in my garage. After purchasing this boat and trailer I also bought two jacks that have four castors each that picks up one of the axels. I put them on the front axel and am still having trouble moving the rig as it seems so tongue heavy. Have thought that maybe a different front jack with maybe two wheels would be better but hate to buy and then it doesn`t help. Was also wondering if maybe it might help to put the jacks on the back axel would help. I cannot move this by myself at this time.

2. Banned
    The double wheel front jack works better on gravel. Don't know about on pavement.

I use either an ATV or a zero turn mower to move my boats around the lot. I have hitches on both.

As I'm now of retirement age, I don't push things physically any longer.

3. Member
    About all you can do to fix tounge heavy is run your tounge jack all the way up once you get the go-jacks in place. You might try putting them in back and running the jack up? If you have to move it sideways just get four jacks. I fought this with my last boat/garage combo until I had enough. These days I can EASILY move my little aluminum boat where I want it.

If you are just pushing back there are a couple of battery powered options like Trailer Valet. Even if you have four jacks...you have to get all sixteen little wheels turning which can take an initial ummmph even on level concrete.

4. Member
    if you have the harbor freight dollies,some of them had cheap wheels and will not work very good,i tried a set from hf and ended up taking them back some guys have good luck with them

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buster502 View Post
    if you have the harbor freight dollies,some of them had cheap wheels and will not work very good,i tried a set from hf and ended up taking them back some guys have good luck with them
    That's true. I had a set of Northern Tool dollies I bought used from another BBC member. I also had a new set of Go-Jaks, the big ones with the great big nice wheels. I think they are the 6300 series. Once you got those big Go-Jaks moving they were smooth as silk where those little wheel jaks move, but they are no where near as smooth as the expensive deals. I made it all work. It's just frustrating to go through all that every time you want the boat in or out.

6. Member
    Thank you all for your suggestions and I think that I am going to fab something up that will hook up to my zero turn mower. I will try this first.

7. Member
    At my age, I have stopped moving trailers by hand - even with Go-Jacks. My garage is aside entry with a narrow driveway. I bought a Park-it 360 trailer dolly and it does a good job as long as you do not have steep driveway.

8. Member
    Trailervalet will move it and you won't need the car dollys on the front axle. You can sometimes find them used on craigslist for a reasonable price. Another option is to use a snowblower drive train to move the boat. Might not have those down where you are at. If you google it you can see some images and videos of people that have taken the auger housing off the front, added a mount to hold the ball and use that to push the boat around. You can typically get a used snowblower for $100
    2015 Ranger 1880 VS Angler
    2015 MERCURY 150HP
    (Model #:1150F23HD Serial #:2B135781)

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/07...g?v=1527107342

I have one of these in the 10,000 lb model

10. Member
    I’ll second the Trailer Valet. Moves my 4000+ lbs loaded boat and trailer with ease in to the garage and is a pretty good trailer jack as well. Amazon has a $100 off coupon right now for them.

I once saw a guy use an old self propelled lawn mower that had a small cage and ball built over the top of the deck. Pretty ingenious use I thought.
    2016 Nitro Z21
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

12. Member
    What's a snowblower?

https://traxpowerdolly.com/
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

Quote Originally Posted by Transom View Post
    What's a snowblower?
    It's one of those things that you'll wish you had when the weather patterns change and it starts snowing in Alabama and you'll be looking for a transplant Norfer to help you out. If I ever move south, which I won't, I'd bring my tractor w/47" snowblower with me. $100 to clear youse guys out!!
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

15. Member
    J
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    At my age, I have stopped moving trailers by hand - even with Go-Jacks. My garage is aside entry with a narrow driveway. I bought a Park-it 360 trailer dolly and it does a good job as long as you do not have steep driveway.
    Also have a Park-it 360. It is expensive but it does a good job with my 21’ Ranger with dual axles. No more frustration.