Thread: 3-20-19

mikesxpress

3-20-19

Pretty impressive week especially from 1-4 yesterday ahead of this front. Water temp got up to 56. Now we get an inch plus of cold rain, the water muddys up again keeping the grass from growing, and we start over next week. Turkey's are gobbling!!!

2. Official BBC Highjacker bassboogieman's Avatar
    I don't know where you caught fish, but I know where you bought the jacket. Great living so close to one of the best fisheries in the mid-Atlantic region.

3. mikesxpress
    Bruce you have a jacket just like it!

As of 5:30 we have had 3/4" of local rain and its going to keep on till 10 PM. Aquia and Potomac creeks are now both muddy as is the main river.
    The Rappahanock looked like chocolate milk when we went over it at 3. Toss in gale warnings Friday thru Sat. Lovely..... Think I'll go look some morels for a few days and take the metal detector for a walk.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 03-22-2019 at 05:46 AM.

Good fish. Hadn't had my detector out for a couple years. Out of town friend came for a visit and we got in two full days digging. Got bullets, buttons and a couple good coins. Felt good after so long. 1773 Virginia half penny and 1827 large cent.
    20190321_131248.jpg

20190321_131455.jpg

"I'm just looking for a bite"

5. mikesxpress
    Nice find!

6. mikesxpress
    Found a few morels. Bunch more should be up this week.