waxy residue in fuel filter

In my racor fuel/water sep on my boat I found this waxy junk in the filter. Only around 150 gallons through this filter, this filter installed new Sept of last year, and I haven't run the boat that much, maybe 50-60 hrs. 01 Evinrude ficht 200 fwiw.

I have been paying top dollar for supposedly good e-free fuel here in NW FL, apparently there was either some other stuff in the fuel or as one friend suggested today, maybe getting fuel from different suppliers with incompatible additives!
    Anyway, just wanted to get some of y'alls thoughts on.

Looks a bit like corrosion but it's waxy hard residue. Can rub it between your fingers. I took the filter off then got a little confused about which side of the filter it was on lol. inlet or outlet duh.

Obviously I changed the racor and the filter on the motor as well out of precaution. Motor fuel filter looked clean and normal, no residue.

20190314_201236.jpg 20190314_201659.jpg 20190314_201655.jpg

That is some nasty looking stuff, the question is how much of it is still in the fuel tank? Judging from the filter phase separation has occurred, a lot of rust there. I question how often the non ethanol fuel cycled in the tanks where it is sold. E10 treated with Startron for me!
    Dan Burnette - Marietta, GA
    Triton 18TRX - 200 HO G2

3. Member
    Biological? Maybe run some BioBor? That is,,, nasty.

4. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    That's on the inlet side, and that filter probably saved your motor. I think the non-ethanol fuel you're getting is bad.
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."