Sliding Mounting Plate for Terrova

I'm getting ready to install a Terrova trolling motor on my Ranger RT188. I'm trying to decide whether to go with a Minn Kota MKA-51 sliding mounting plate or the R&R Design sliding mount. Does anyone have any experience with either mount? Pictures would also be appreciated if possible. Thanks!
    Ozz
    2016 Ranger RT188
    Mercury 115 4S
    Minn Kota Terrova 80

2. Member
    It's not apples to apples, but, I have a R&R plate under my XI5 and I am happy with it. The only problems I have had so far is when I take the TM off the boat, it can be a PIA to get lined up correctly to get the TM put back on.

Tx: I've read some posts with people complaining about the plates banging together when the motor turns on due to loose tolerances. Have you experienced any of that?
    Ozz
    2016 Ranger RT188
    Mercury 115 4S
    Minn Kota Terrova 80

4. Member
    You will not have an issue with the MinnKota. The lever wedges everything together. Lockable too. Bob

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
    Tx: I've read some posts with people complaining about the plates banging together when the motor turns on due to loose tolerances. Have you experienced any of that?
    No I have not. After installing it, I thought there might be some rattling problems, but so far I haven't noticed them. I will add, that when installing, it is imperative to get the Flat Head tapered head bolts. The rounded style will not work.

6. Member
    I installed this (MKA-51 on last year. No movement what so ever and extremely pleased with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 6BOOMER; 03-22-2019 at 08:43 AM.

7. Banned
    I've used them both and it's R&R 1000%. Much easier to slide as it wears and built like a tank. There is some noise as you turn the motor but I never notice it now.

Thanks for the responses guys! I went with the MKA-51 because R&R quoted me 2-3 weeks delivery. I was afraid if the delivery slipped I'd not be ready for a fishing trip coming up.
    Ozz
    2016 Ranger RT188
    Mercury 115 4S
    Minn Kota Terrova 80