First time Helix 9 user!

So I recently purchased a new Vexus. I had a helix 9 mega si installed at the console and a helix 9 di at the bow. Going to be taking it out this weekend for the first time and I'm looking for any tips as far as setup and adjusting settings. I'd appreciate any feedback or tricks that you guys would like to share. I'm not very familiar with them but I'm hoping to learn quick and master reading them to become a better fisherman.

2. Member
    scan a piece of structure, pause it, then adjust to taste

Once you power it up you can go into simulation mode and adjust your settings and play with certain things in order to get it set up. Set your 3 quick menu tabs set up the way you want all the information is saved in simulation mode so when you actually use the unit the same settings that you set up will be there.

4. Member
    I just installed the same Mega yesterday. Can't wit to get back on the water.

5. Member
    I played around with the graphs in the garage tonight. I did check out the simulation mode. I have no clue where to even start, what are things that I will need to adjust once I get on the water?

6. Member
    Sonar: Sensitivity, contrast, range, chart speed, color pallette

GPS: I always like switching it from North Up to Course Up mode...easier to follow contour IMO

SI: Sensitivity, Contrast, Sharpness, range (under 100 ft is best IMO), color pallette

You will find that different water depths and bottom composition require different settings and frequencies as these guys have said above. That being said...I use my Mega Imaging more often than not.