Need some help please.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I have a 2017 FX20, SHO 250, 24/25 pitch tempest plus that has not been worked. My issue is bow lift, basically I have none. When a friend went pass me in another boat he said mine was running flat. I have an atlas plate that is all the way down with the motor trimmed all the way up. In that configuration I am turning the 24 pitch at 5500 rpm. If I raise the jackplate to increase RPM the nose falls over and I lose all speed. The highest I can run the plate is on 3 without this happening. I looked at how the motor is mounted to the plate and it is on the 3rd hole. I don’t carry a lot of gear in the front, just basic tackle and rods. Another friend went by in FX21 and had much higher bow lift and increased speed. I can not figure out how to get the bow to lift. Maybe have Mark work the prop would help? Looking for any ideas.. thanks
    Last edited by Bricker; 03-20-2019 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to mention I am at higher altitudes, around 3000 feet or so

2. Member
    Even pitch Tempest props are junk out of the box. Plus a tempest needs to be worked to run good on a Skeeter.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy T View Post
    Even pitch Tempest props are junk out of the box. Plus a tempest needs to be worked to run good on a Skeeter.
    thanks, do you recommend Mark?

Yes, where are you located? I've had better luck with bigger props on my boat...mine didn't like the tempest props...25 or 26...both worked...good lift and control on the 25 just not enough top end. Lift went away on the 26. Scorpion 24 runs good but rpms and top end both a lil low...but it bites and lifts well...
    MattandAmber Lawler on Facebook
    Matt Lawler HF on Facebook
    matt_lawler_hf on Instagram

"There ain't a price on stupid. Stupid comes for free."

Jonathan Hillstrand

Quote Originally Posted by mrlawler1 View Post
    Yes, where are you located? I've had better luck with bigger props on my boat...mine didn't like the tempest props...25 or 26...both worked...good lift and control on the 25 just not enough top end. Lift went away on the 26. Scorpion 24 runs good but rpms and top end both a lil low...but it bites and lifts well...
    i am in Utah, my lakes range from 3000 to 6000 feet in elevation. The main lake I am concerned about is around 3600 feet, we make long, high speed runs there and need the bow lift to increase top end. Thanks

Are you sure the engine is running on all 6 cylinders? That boat/motor should turn a 27 Tempest 6k rpms, easy. I know elevation makes a difference, but that's a lot.
    Gitcha Bass On!

2015 ZX225

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bricker View Post
    thanks, do you recommend Mark?
    Send it to Mark you will be happy you did!
    2018 Skeeter ZX250
    2018 Yamaha SHO 250