Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    1. Spend the $800 or so on a decent, quiet gas inverter/generator like this one:

https://www.yamahagenerators.com/Yam...ef2000isv2.htm

You will use it for a lot of other things later on. Quality, quiet, and useful for what you are trying to do.

or...

2. What do you do on the base? Is there no power you could use after a day of fishing? Barracks? Sorry, dormitory?

or...

3. Friends who have a less restrictive situation at their house. Trade off fishing trips for power.

or...

4. What does the wife look like? An Omaha 8 should be worth some wattage.

Seriously, thank you for your service and good luck. I'd get the inverter/generator and stay self sufficient while keeping mama off the pole.

Quote Originally Posted by M Herman Cueto View Post
    1. Spend the $800 or so on a decent, quiet gas inverter/generator like this one:

https://www.yamahagenerators.com/Yam...ef2000isv2.htm

You will use it for a lot of other things later on. Quality, quiet, and useful for what you are trying to do.

or...

2. What do you do on the base? Is there no power you could use after a day of fishing? Barracks? Sorry, dormitory?

or...

3. Friends who have a less restrictive situation at their house. Trade off fishing trips for power.

or...

4. What does the wife look like? An Omaha 8 should be worth some wattage.

Seriously, thank you for your service and good luck. I'd get the inverter/generator and stay self sufficient while keeping mama off the pole.
    Mama is also active duty and a very temperamental redhead. However, she was the one that brought up the idea of using the charger kit.

I might be able to get a friend to let me keep the boat over at his place from time to time to charge. But then I'd be obligated to take him fishing more often and he likes Coldplay. So there's that...
    2007 Triton TR-21X w/ Pro XS 250
    6" T&H Hi Jacker w/ 2" spacers
    26P Tempest

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    Mama is also active duty and a very temperamental redhead. However, she was the one that brought up the idea of using the charger kit.

I might be able to get a friend to let me keep the boat over at his place from time to time to charge. But then I'd be obligated to take him fishing more often and he likes Coldplay. So there's that...

The best Coldplay song ever

4. Member
    Is there anyway to set up a solar charger.

5. Member
    Got the no power in the stall but does it have a light fixture? If so gat a screw in adapter with a plug on it or invest in a small generator.

Quote Originally Posted by Justfishing View Post
    Is there anyway to set up a solar charger.
    I haven’t looked into it but I don’t know that it would really put that much of a charge into the batteries. But I truly don’t know anything about solar chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-91 View Post
    Got the no power in the stall but does it have a light fixture? If so gat a screw in adapter with a plug on it or invest in a small generator.
    No power whatsoever in the stall. It’s lookinf like a small generator is about the only option.

Will the boat go in the garage, just not far enough to shut the door or is the door too narrow?

9. Member
    Looks like that small quiet generator is best option right now. That and maybe some sort of solar charger. Is your storage covered? If not get best solar charger you can find/afford. Use generator while you are unhooking/cleaning up boat and gear. Then leave solar charger to finish it off.?????
    Semper Fi

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-91 View Post
    This is what I always did. No storage place will have electric plugs, but I would just call around and ask if there are lights in any units. I always was able to find a few that worked and then I would use the screwin adapter.

11. Member
    the other option, which I did for awhile when I had to keep my boat in storage...is pull the batteries out of the boat and charge them at home...put them back in the boat when you go fishing...it was a PIA in the ass but I wanted to fish so it is what it is

12. Member
    Your batteries should be charged as soon as possible after fishing. Don't do this and they don't last as long!
    Battery is best for storage on full charge.

13. Member
    Do you have on post housing. You would not have to deal with the bs and park your boat at your house get a boat cover to put over i

Quote Originally Posted by Nobass01 View Post
    Do you have on post housing. You would not have to deal with the bs and park your boat at your house get a boat cover to put over i
    This is military housing but it is ran by a private company, which is pretty much DoD wide.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVE81 View Post
    What I really need to do is to become best friends with a local that has a big shop garage and talk him into letting me keep my boat there!

Or catch the CO in a compromising position, then You'd have the Motor Pool guys washing and waxing and fully charging things

16. USAF and DOD retired Phoenix Jim's Avatar
    Im in Bellevue and you can park at my house until charged then take it home or bring it on base and charge it. I work at the fire station on base
    2018 Phoenix 920 Pro XP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12