Adjusting Water Temp

Any reason why I shouldn't be able to adjust water temp setting on my Helix while in the garage?

Friend came over with his expensive temp "gun" to help me "calibrate" my temp gauges. Idea was to read the temp at the probe on my XM 9 20 MSI T xdcr and then adjust the temp on my Helix 10 SI Mega Chirp GPS G2N unit on the console up or down to match. I was doing this while on the 2D sonar screen. Then once back on the water with the trolling motor down I would set the temp on my bow Helix DI unit to match the console reading. I did this once awhile back when I was running v1.84 and it worked fine. Watched the temp on the screen move up as I adjusted it up 3.5 degrees.

But today, with v1.90 it flat did not work. Unit read 52.3 and the temp gun read 48.0. Adjusting the temp gauge down on the unit did not change the temp reading on the screen of the SI unit. Adjusting it up OR down did not change a thing. Rebooted the unit and tried again with same result. Is this another glitch in v1.90 or am I doing something wrong?

2. Banned
    Temp guns do not always work properly on a shiny or reflective surface, like a new shiny transducer. I would trust a standard air thermometer for for garage ambient air temps assuming it was in the garage long enough for the temperatures to stabilize. As far as the actual calibration and such, I can’t even begin to offer advise on that.

3. Member
    where are the temp calibration setting???
    i can't find them. my graph is running 4 degrees cool

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbite View Post
    where are the temp calibration setting???
    i can't find them. my graph is running 4 degrees cool
    In the Setup menu.

5. Member
    If you are in a climate controlled building all you should have to do is control to the air temp as measured at a point near the transducer. Let things stand for a few hours or even overnight to stabilize.

Would not be surprised if Bird did not inadvertently create a conflict in the new software update. They seem to be pretty good and consistent at doing this.

6. Member
    I changed my Temp1 and Temp2 settings back and forth between bow and console yesterday. Tried to adjust the temp again and it worked this time

Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    I changed my Temp1 and Temp2 settings back and forth between bow and console yesterday. Tried to adjust the temp again and it worked this time
    Maybe you were trying to adjust the temp from a unit that was only sharing the temp from the other unit .... now you changed it on the unit the temp is actually connected to?
    __________________________________________________ ___

**Looking for the one that makes it all worthwhile**

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

8. Member
    Bob, it was setup correctly in Network tab. Temp1 was bow and Temp2 was console. I had Temp2 showing on the 2D screen when I went into setup to adjust. That unit was 3 degrees too low so I was trying to add but nothing changed when I pressed the arrow keys. The bow unit was turned off at the time.

Today I had both units on and everything looked correct in the Network tab and on the screens of both units. Then I tried to adjust the Temp2 setting on the console unit and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
    Bob, it was setup correctly in Network tab. Temp1 was bow and Temp2 was console. I had Temp2 showing on the 2D screen when I went into setup to adjust. That unit was 3 degrees too low so I was trying to add but nothing changed when I pressed the arrow keys. The bow unit was turned off at the time.

Today I had both units on and everything looked correct in the Network tab and on the screens of both units. Then I tried to adjust the Temp2 setting on the console unit and it worked!
    Glad you got it to work .... sometimes too many variables to figure out why ok one time and not another.

Units ..... 1197 (6.310) ...1198 (6.490) ... Helix 12 MSI G3N

10. Member
    Them electrons are tricky little fellers...LOL
    Wes
    Helix 10 MSI+,MDI+,Ultrex IPilot
    2023 Phoenix 818
    Never assume there's a tomorrow