ULTREX TO A SERIES

What connector do I need to use the ultrex transducer to an A Series unit?

Also, in theory, would it be possible to mount the CPT-100 unit to a "360 imaging" mount? If you had the fittings machined to a bar that came down to mount the transducer to? I realize it would remain stationary, but I think i would like that.

I don't know if there is a connector, I'd like to know too !
    Ranger Boats / Mercury Motors
    G Loomis Rods / Shimano Reels
    Raymarine / MinnKota Ultrex
    Garmin / Live Scope Plus
    Pepper Jigs / Robo Worms
    Troll Bridge / V-T2 Vents

3. Member
    Which A-Series do you have? I am thinking it would need to be an A-x7 to be able to use the built in transducer. I had an A98 and used the CPT100 with a Shield Saver mount. If you have an A-x7 the US2 adapter cable is an A62363.

4. Member
    I have the A98.

5. Member
    The downvision transducer connector on the A98 is a 9-pin connector and I don’t know of a way to use the built in US2 transducer on the MinnKota. I don’t know of a cable adapter and I have never seen it done. But someone who knows more than me might know different.

If you had an Axiom you could.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntertn View Post
    The downvision transducer connector on the A98 is a 9-pin connector and I don’t know of a way to use the built in US2 transducer on the MinnKota. I don’t know of a cable adapter and I have never seen it done. But someone who knows more than me might know different.

If you had an Axiom you could.
    That being said: I do have an axiom as well. It is at the drivers seat.
    Could I connect to the axiom, network cable (even though they do not share the same Lighthouse software) to the axiom, and select the transducer I want to view on my A98?

It's my understanding that the CPT-100 is a chirp transducer and will not adapt over to the minn-kota tranducer. I have the Axiom and bought all kinds of adapters to go from a 9 pin to a 6 pin and can say that no it does not work on the chirp units.

8. Member
    You can't network with Raynet (ethernet) an A98 running LH2 to an Axiom running LH3. If you had an eS98 running LH3 you could. When I had the A98 on the front of mine I just used the CPT100.

If you have an Axiom RV and want to use the US2 you will need:
    MinnKota US2 to Raymarine 7-pin (A62363)
    Axiom RV to Raymarine 7-pin (A80488)

If you have an Axiom RV and want to use a CPT100 you will need:
    Axiom RV to Raymarine 9-pin (A80490)

If you have an Axiom RV and want both US2 and CPT100 you need:
    Axiom RV Y-cable 7-pin and 9-pin (A80493) *make sure you are running the latest software to use this Y-cable
    MinnKota US2 to Raymarine 7-pin (A62363)

9. Member
    A97 had a 600W internal sounder and can connect to MK or MG with the following

A80560 Adapter Cable for MinnKota Transducer to Element HV (15-pin)
    A80606 Adapter Cable for MotorGuide Transducer to Element HV (15-pin)

a98 has internal CHIRP and can't connect to a 600W transducer.

Correct, a Series can't be upgraded to LH3 and IS NOT compatible with Axiom / Axiom Pro. The eS Series is, but not a.

Downside to connecting to the MK transducer is that it is 600W sonar only
    Upside is that it's internal and you don't have to mess with an external transducer cable.

All of that to say that yes, Axiom / Axiom Pro is the best of both worlds because it has CHIRP and 600W processing, so no more "7" or "8" questions.