Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Member
    Riley, in a month or so your going to say, that you have a pond that needs you ? And Jane and I will see you there...

2. Member
    We had one lady call in said she couldn't come to work because she was tired, yep they paid her for it.
    All sheep are eventually led to slaughter

My first job I had a manager tell me never come to work drunk. 1 time I had to call her, "Mary, remember when you told me.....?"
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

Quote Originally Posted by 514F-1 View Post
    If this was a dude who left to take care of a dog....y'all wouldn't say a word....I dont see the issue...shes taking care of her animal...she probably came to work and left when she got a vet appt.....I get it....
    Exactly! To most here it would be totally different if it were a dog.

Around 1976, I worked with a guy whose dog died, maybe hit by a car, don't recall. He missed 3 days "mourning". Feel badly, sure. I thought it was BS, I'll admit it. Three days, no.

A company may have a "paid time off" for a death in your family...depending on the relation determines on how many days. Many years later, I was working at a different company when my Uncle died (only Uncle I've ever had) and took half a day off to drive to Portland for the service. The rules I had said 1 day off with pay. The company changed the rules and didn't tell anybody, so I got screwed again. Poorly run company, I might add. I like to think I got even with them when I retired without notice, but strung them along for a month or so. They made another monthly donation to my HSA, as I intended, and they couldn't get it back.
    Don't bother me, I'm screwing for virginity.

I killed a 12-pack just to watch it die.

Quote Originally Posted by Riley-Maine View Post
    I've now heard it all...a co-worker had to leave @ noon because her cat has a urinary track infection... unbelievable

You can't run the drive through on your own ?
    " Talking to you is like clapping with one hand "
    Anthrax

7. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryT View Post
    You sure she said cat
    you win the internet today

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

You sure she said cat

9. Member
    Male cat? Feline Urological syndrome is real....and can be fatal. And of course a catlady would need the afternoon off to address the issue. There's obviously no one else around to do it....
    A goal without a plan is just a dream.

10. Stocks/Investments Moderator boneil's Avatar
    I have taken off several times to take care of my dogs. Don't see nothing wrong with taking care of your animals.

When you're a good employee you don't have to lie about why your calling out. I have called in a few times with the excuse of "the wife is off also", " I just need a day off", " have to look for a deer".......
    Thanos was the hero

My assistant meets me in the office one morning. On the way to the job site he decides he is sick, so I have to take him back to his car. Since it took a 2 man crew to do my task, the office had to scramble to make sure the work got done. The next day the morning newspaper had an article about Frisbee golf. The reporter had interviewed my assistant and put his picture in the paper showing him playing. The office laughed about it, but never said a word to the guy. That was just one of many stunts he pulled.
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Walkabout7781 View Post
    A company may have a "paid time off" for a death in your family...depending on the relation determines on how many days. Many years later, I was working at a different company when my Uncle died (only Uncle I've ever had) and took half a day off to drive to Portland for the service. The rules I had said 1 day off with pay. The company changed the rules and didn't tell anybody, so I got screwed again.
    I had the opposite happen to me. In 97 both of my grandmothers died within a week of each other. I took a vacation day for each of the funeral services. The department head who had to check our timesheet each week says nothing. 3 weeks later an assistant supervisor's brother-in-law dies. When I asked "Where's Tom" I was told company policy gave him 3 days off with pay for bereavement. (Same company as previous post. I can't understand why they went out of business.)
    The best way to cheer yourself up is to cheer up someone else.

13. Member
    WOW today they come up with any excuse not to work.

I read somewhere a while back about a guy takin off work cause his goldfish died...oss...I'm not a huge fan of cats..but I get it...If my Best Friend Nitro (dog) had a problem I wouldn't think twice about takin off..B.

15. Member
    A cat can die from a urinary cat infection. She did the right thing!

16. Member
    Probably to lock in bathroom...damn cat will start pissing everywhere in house with a urinary tract infection.

17. Member
    Back in the day I used, spilled a gallon of milk for being late.
    Please release me,let me go.

The same way it effected you and 2 others to be annoyed enough to reply lmaooo
    If I was annoyed I'd have taken the time to use more than five words... LOL

Honora Primum Vel Nullum Omnin Honorem

Some of yall would probably think it was acceptable when my relief (we are firetruck pilots) forgot to call in sick because he was fishing a tournament. By the time they figured out that he was not coming to work and found a replacement, I was hours late for the things I was doing that day. But you would let a living animal die because its not a valid excuse to call in.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

20. "OVER THE LINE SMOKEY!" headhigh's Avatar
    You sure she said cat
    DAMMIT JERRY!!! I just spit oatmeal raisin cookie all over my monitor at work!
    1998 Ranger R93
    1998 Mercury 200 EFI

"Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast