Day box woes....

Like so many others, my daybox tray has desintigrated. My local deal has quoted me a price of almost $77! ��. Does anyone know any dealers that might me more reasonable? I think I have read on here that most are paying in the mid $50 range... it is for a 2016 fx20...thanks in advance.

2. Member
    I just got the same quote from my dealer....ridiculousness...they claim I am the first one that they have ever heard of with this problem...and they claim that they are the second largest Skeeter dealer in the USA...go blow! Boating Atlanta...I have a 2016 ZX225 by the way...they claim that Skeeter has been installing the same day box tray for years with no issues. LOL and the laugh is on us...pathetic....not every feature of any boat is perfect..by far..I have owned many and they all have their issues...not bashing Skeeter as I love my boat...the glove box on my passenger console looks sooo cheap I can't believe that I spent $1100.00 on the console... and the cooler lid between the seats is really cheap too...other than these items the boat is simply awesome.

3. Member
    I’m just going to try to repair it by laying up some fiberglass on it. If that doesn’t work out then I will have to pay them...

4. Member
    What do you mean by disintegrated?
    2019 Skeeter ZX250

Check out my YouTube!! Thanks! https://www.youtube.com/user/WIHunter100/videos

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom I View Post
    I’m just going to try to repair it by laying up some fiberglass on it. If that doesn’t work out then I will have to pay them...
    just a thought....
    every reputable body shop uses a product called panel bond. (or some variant of)
    you might swing by your local shop and see if the could either repair your existing tray or bond something to it. You might be surprised how cheap it could be.

6. Member
    By disintegrated I mean the bottom cracked into a lot of little pieces. When I went to loft the box out, all the pieces of the bottom stayed...

7. Member
    another day box breakage , being said and have been following up on this since I just bought a zx225 and have seen this problem here and on face book , think that skeeter would notice , SO from what I have seen from others and I'm just passing the word to spray inside and outside with Flex seal . those that have done it says it works . so I guess need to make a trip to Lowes to get a can

8. Member
    Fixed mine with a fiberglass repair kit I had laying around. Laid up the fiberglass on the bottom. Smoothed it up after it cured and painted black. That was 3 years ago and it still holding up just fine. Can’t tell anything was done to it after it’s in the boat.

9. Member
    THats what I’m gonna be doing. I hate to spend $77 for something that won’t last more than a few years