95 Venom 200 lower unit advice

apparently still had water in lower and it cracked the case. I am unfamiliar with lower unit stuff other than replacing impellers and such. I'm waiting on my mechanic to open up shop for the season and looking for some insight. Motor model J200STLEOA
    My question is would it be better/cost effective to just replace the whole lower or could some of the stuff inside be able to be put in a new gear case?
    Also are the lowers from SEI (sterndrive) decent replacements? They Offer a lower for like $895.
    Anyone know of a used lower that would work?

Thanks
    image1 (1).jpeg image2 (1).jpeg
    Last edited by FrickerDude; 03-20-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits

After further research am I correct that I need to look for lower unit 5009308? I didn’t know if the were model specific or not. If I found one with a that says it’s 25” xl shaft can that be changed to a 20” which is what I believe I need?
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Any V-6 case will work from 92 and up will work I'd add 91 but they still made the 150/175 HP cross flow motors and they had a one piece drive shaft. So 92 and up will work. You'll just need to move your upper driveshaft and shift rod from the yours to the 25" model. Look at the motor parts for sale further down on the boards.

So something like this would work?

From a Low Hour 2000 Johnson 150hp Ocean Pro V6 2-Stroke 25" XL Shaft Outboard Motor
    With a history of only being run in Freshwater (though, may be operated in both salt and freshwater applications)

• Propeller Shaft 15-tooth Spline
    • Drive Shaft 20-tooth Spline
    • Used on Various Johnson and Evinrude Outboards (PX, VL, VX and SPL Models)
    • Model Years: 1993-2005 (may fit newer)
    • Horsepower: 150, 175, 185, 200, 225, and 250 HP
    • Also used on 1993 and 1994 150 HP OMC Quiet Rider Models
    • Skeg and Cavitation plate in good condition--no cracks or chips
    • Prior owner had drilled (4) mounting holes on the cavitation plate to install a whale tail (whale tail not included)
    • Cosmetic Note: Paint wear as expected from use
    • Gear Oil was drained (as required for shipping) and found to be very clean, no water, foam, metal shavings or any other contaminants.

Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits

5. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Yep you'll just need to swap your upper drive shaft over to the new one along with the shift rod. You'll need to set the shift rod to the correct height.

Thanks Champ
    Kyle Frick
    FrickerDude
    Frick-N-Fishin' Baits