Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    get a G2 Evinrude. its a free country so do whichever you like, when you like

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hulapopr View Post
    none of the crabbers on deadliest catch have a hot foot.
    Did you look?

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nailbender8 View Post
    Definitely not overrated in my book.
    Same here.

4. Member
    Had a hot foot in my first boat. Second boat didn’t have one bought the new boat and it doesn’t have one. I have no use for one I think they are over rated.
    Gun Control..... Is hitting your target every time

5. Member
    If you run a lot of rough conditions a hot foot is very useful, if you are in a bath tub you don't need one.

6. Member
    Been running them in boats so long I’m not sure I would want a boat without one

7. Member
    Foot throttle as many have said has it's advantage. Running in bad weather I can see it, BOTH HANDS ON WHEEL, quick response. There are also times I HATE it.. If I'm threading a needle and want to watch out for "Stuff" on the bottom or debris. I'm on one knee 30MPH or even standing(Not on plane). Going up a tributary etc. I NEED the hand throttle. Love being able to select depending on condition.
    1994 Ranger 392
    1994 200 Johnson Venom Oops not any more
    2017 200ho G2
    The old girl has some serious kick now

It's for safety. Good Lord, use a rope & cable if you want to, just let me know when you're on the water. Anyone running a HP boat at 70+ mph without a hot foot is an accident looking for someplace to happen. I won't run my boat without one. I guess we can talk about kill switches next, LOL

9. Member
    Current boat came with one. My last 3 boats had a hand throttle. Didnt think i would like it . 5 years later im used to it. I could go either way. Not any safer either way.Really not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBrabec View Post
    Current boat came with one. My last 3 boats had a hand throttle. Didnt think i would like it . 5 years later im used to it. I could go either way. Not any safer either way.Really not needed.
    When you say either way is equally safe, are you saying getting tossed out of your boat and the throttle staying where it is is just as safe as the throttle returning to idle?

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    When you say either way is equally safe, are you saying getting tossed out of your boat and the throttle staying where it is is just as safe as the throttle returning to idle?
    Dont plan on getting tossed out of the boat. Ive had boats for 45 years and dont drive stupid.I guess it could happen. I feel perfectly safe in a hand throttle boat and dont feel any safer with a hot foot.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jc2bg View Post
    Once I started using my Evinrude G2, with both hand and foot throttle options at the touch of a button, nirvana. I’d used hot foot for nearly 20 years and wouldn’t be without it, but there are situations where the hand throttle is more relaxing. My buddy has a Verado with a similar option. Both systems have their advantages. The advantage of the hot foot is safety at higher speeds and during sharp maneuvers, such as crossing boat wakes.
    ^^^This^^^
    I have had 6 bass boats in my life and every one of them has had a hot foot, the latest being powered by an Evinrude G-2 that allows me the option of either.
    What I am learning is I really like the hand throttle and use it 90% of the time. Over the weekend I was in a 2 day, 140 boat tornament and the hot foot was great at blast off, some higher speeds and boat wakes from every direction the hot foot was the ticket.
    The remainder of the day was at a more leisurely pace and was all hand throttle.

13. Banned
    When we going to a hand throttle in our cars????? Some of you guys have to be wanting that. Lol

14. Member
    About 20 years ago hit something about 50 mph threw me and wife out of the boat.glad I had that hot foot cause it immediately set the nose down by letting the throttle back. Of course I had my kill switch attached but had I didn’t and no hot foot with the hand throttle down we could have been in big trouble.

15. Member
    I would not want a boat without it.
    Mike
    Ranger Z520
    Mercury 250 Pro XS

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen View Post
    Foot off the pedal in no wake zones, floored when not in no wake zones.

I need neither. I need a toggle switch.

Hate em, don't have one in my boat and somehow I've managed to keep from getting killed.

18. Member
    +1
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

19. Better Lucky Than Good! Casslaw's Avatar
    My last boat had a hot foot, this one doesn’t...somehow I still catch fish! Now my little tin barely breaks 40 so it’s not exactly a speed demon, but if I’m running a canal, which we do in Florida a lot, I drive half standing up so I can see way in front of me. This wouldn’t be possible without hand controls.

Seriously, comparing a bass boat to a car/truck? Don’t see the similarities. With a high speed boat I’d want both. And I’d much rather have a hand controlled TM with spot lock, but haven’t found one yet!
    2006 Triton SP-185, 2006 Evinrude Etec 90, PowerTech NRS3, Garmin Echomap Plus 73CV & 93SV

20. Charger Boats Moderator TOUCH OF CLASS's Avatar
    Hate hotfoots I love the handle and cruise control.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast