Michigan House Bill 4362 Inland Lake Public Access Restrictions

Anyone who fishes and boats in Michigan on inland lakes, please check out House Bill 4362. A few state representatives want to limit public access to the lakes so the public can only use the lake during the hours of 8am to sunset. Please contact your state representatives to let them know this is unacceptable.
    2013 Nitro Z-8 200hp Mercury Pro XS

2. Member
    I fish a lake that already does this in Michigan. No one is ever out there to tell me I cannot fish at night or pre morning or late evening. So I carry on. I really do not see the value of it.

3. Member

Quote Originally Posted by jtts View Post

5. Member
    I live in MN for a dozen or more years. Some lakes have no wake until noon on many lakes. It’s a joke. For states with as many lakes as we (and MN) have, living on a lake comes with the traffic of a lake. I will be very surprised to see this enacted, let alone enforced.

6. Member
    So far this guy has backpeddled like mad. He said he did not read the draft and introduced it anyhow. Then he said it is not what he meant and is redrafting a second version. From what I have read he wants to institute a state wide public lake no wake period on every lake in the state.

First off. Why would you introduce a law bill without reading the damm thing first.

Second. If this is the most important thing to you in the state as rep, you have bigger issues to worry about before what time a boat can go on plane on a lake.

The democrat that co sponsored it said in a new interview that " I don't want a jet ski blasting by my house in the middle of the night". He should read the rule book already in place that prohibits PWC's from operating between sunset and sunrise as they have no navigational lighting. Being a fisherman as he says . He really didn't read any boating laws in effect I would guess.

This bill , in any form, wont make it any farther than the introductory stage. It wont even see a vote.

7. Member
    I hope you're right Matt....
    Wave Therapy

"The handicapped angler"

9. Member
    People need to relax. They are re-writing the bill now. Typical politician got it wrong.

https://fox17online.com/2019/03/21/m...-proposed-law/

10. Member
    I like the fact that my local lake has speed and wake restrictions. I can get out early and fish unmolested until 8:00AM. If this was not in effect i would be dealing with PWC, Wake boarders, and water skiers as soon as the sun comes up. Also no wake after 5 pm on Sunday, 8 pm on Saturday...which I love also. I can spend the entire evening working all the docks and enjoy a peaceful sunset.

Of course this is a 937 acre lake where you can start fishing right at the launch.

Pretty sad that elected officials don’t know what laws are actually already in place before pulling this crap. I wonder how many residents in this state even know what the speed limit is on Michigans inland lakes.
    Bad spellers of the world untie!

Speed limit?

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21XDC View Post
    Speed limit?
    Fast as you can go without getting caught???? or 55mph

Get caught? They have to catch me first!

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

15. Member
    heathen.
    Wave Therapy

Just ask your mom.