Thread: Leaking Hose

Leaking Hose

Hello,
    Could you guys please help me identify this gray hose? It seems to be leaking water from the connection I circled in red. Do I just need to replace the hose?

1B371789

h3.PNG

2. Member
    Looks like water pressure to me. You may have to replace the push to connect fitting I think they are 5/32 I usually buy from fastenal. First try pushing the tube deeply in the fitting then pulling the tube outward to seat it. If that doesn’t work cut 1/2” off the tube and try again. If neither of those work you will need a new fitting. There is a collar on the fitting end that must be pushed in to release the tubing.

3. Member
    Water pressure....don't run the motor till it is fixed......you're drowning the ignition coils and injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Water pressure....don't run the motor till it is fixed......you're drowning the ignition coils and injectors.
    Do you say I'm drowning them because you can see the water spots/corrosion? or some other reason?

5. Member
    Yes water spots is the evidence.

thanks guys.

7. Member
    No problem. I would definitely clean that corroded ignition coil harness connector as well. I’m surprised you haven’t had a coil issue or an intermittent miss from that connector being wet. My lower cowl access plug was left off of my motor once and it caused a lot of issues for me.

8. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Simple as can be to fix- disconnect hose at the side that is leaking. Legris fitting... depress and hold the "ring" then gently pull hose out.

Clip back 1/2" of the hose (new cut), push it back into the fitting, and give it a gentle tug to make sure it locked in place.

This solves MOST leaks (unless the fitting itself is bad).

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor