Thread: Folding Seat

Folding Seat

My boat came with a butt seat and a folding for the rear. After an hour or so of fishing using the butt seat or standing my neck and shoulders start aching. I noticed when I fish in my friend's boat and sitting on his folding seat that the pain is much less which got me to thinking maybe I need one for the front also. Checked with Nitro and a complete seat will bump $700. Ouch. So I looked at some aftermarket seats and they are much cheaper. I know they won't match exactly but I can get fairly close to my black and grey seats with the white stripes. At my advanced age function is more important than form. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations. Bass Pro has one on sale for $99 but I have no idea how comfortable they are and I hate to buy something and find out I don't like it. May be futile asking since I bet most don't use a folding up front but thought I would give it a shot.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

2. Member
    It will help to get one with a high back. That will make a big difference in dealing with neck pain,at least it helped me.

How much are you willing to pay? I wouldn't be surprised if you can find someone on this forum who may sell one... Many of us do not use it...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KCLOST View Post
    How much are you willing to pay? I wouldn't be surprised if you can find someone on this forum who may sell one... Many of us do not use it...
    I guess it would depend on if it is a color match and the asking price vs what I think it is worth to me. The usual stuff when selling something. I will say a complete seat for approaching is $700 is not something I would consider. I did find a high back seat in gray and black from a Legend for around $200. It looks kind of like the one Ranger uses so it should be comfortable. I think Legend is no longer in production so someone may be liquidating some of the assets.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119