2012 FX20 - Brain Box

So I need a new brain box for my 2012 FX20. I contacted my dealer and apparently they are on backorder with no shipment date yet. I was told that it is ordered based on your serial #. Should I try to find a used one or one on a shelf somewhere? If I dont get the one from Skeeter will it not work at all or will only certain things work? I can't believe that they are all that different, they didn't come with that many different options at least that are controlled by the box. If I can use any box, does anyone have one or know where I can get one. Season is coming soon and I don't want to miss the early bite. Thanks in advance for the help.

2. Member
    Well I have the same problem with my FX 20. I contacted Skeeter and was told that the company that made them went out of business and at this time, they have not been able to find another source for them. They told me to contact a dealer and to get my name on a waiting list. Both aerators have already gone out and I have had to hard wire them in to a switch under the dash. I was wondering if I was the only one with this problem because Skeeter did not seem to be concerned with helping me.

3. Member
    I feel your pain...both of my live wells are out also due to the DMS box. I'm on a the waiting list.....last update was 120 days. I'll have to see it to believe it.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

4. Member
    Wow, well that is not the news I wanted to hear. I can't wait that long. Frustrating.

5. Member
    UPDATE! About 2 hours after my post, I was contacted by my dealer and told that my computer was in. This was ironic since last Friday Skeeter customer service told me that they had not found a company to make them yet and didn't know when they would. I have been so frustrated over this that I was thinking of trading boats. I am grateful that it finally came in and hope you guys get your problems fixed soon.

6. Member
    I'm tired of Skeeter's BS stories.....I'm gonna get this schiznit squared away at the dealer tomorrow.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

7. Member
    They did charge me $458 for the computer that should have been under warranty.

8. Member
    Well, I spoke to skeeter yesterday and they told me they were doing reverse engineering and even trying to make it better, but he still didn't know when it would be. Apparently sooner than he thought. I'm curious when you got on the list and where the rest of us fall. thanks for the update

9. Member
    It’s been about a month since I got on the list. The funny thing is, Skeeter told me that the company that made the computer went out of business and that they could not get any more and that they were trying to find someone else to build them. The one that came in today was the exact same brand, Omni-Bus, ans all the numbers were the same. Im grateful that they sent it to me but it seems like I wasn’t told the truth about them not having any. Also, I couldn’t get the dealer to explain why warranty didn’t cover it.